Buzzard

Interesting. You're in the South also and this same exact word means two completely different things in our two states

Here in Florida "buzzard" specifically refers to a type of black vulture
Vultures are commonly referred to as buzzards here, too.
In South Carolina we have the Black Vultures/Buzzards, as well as the Turkey Vultures/Buzzards. There is family of Black Vultures that live in the barns surrounding my house. I see them every day sunning on the house roof, sitting in the goat pen, or roaming around with the chickens. They've never once tried to hurt any of the domestic animals. Occasionally I've seen them interact together, but most of the time they just ignore each other. It's really interesting to watch the vultures. They are very curious and playful, and also affectionate with their flock members.

Do you think something like this would work? I could put some up…
I would love to use an electric fence but I’m guessing that it’s impossible to cover. Has anyone had success with geese? I know I’d need 2 at least and that they won’t protect chickens by attacking etc but would their presence deter them?
I’m probably just gonna pay the money to get it covered but it’s expensive so I’m just making sure there’s nothing I can do!
A1A2E36E-8591-454F-8FC4-5D05225A3449.jpeg

Do you think something like this would work? I could put some up…
I would love to use an electric fence but I’m guessing that it’s impossible to cover. Has anyone had success with geese? I know I’d need 2 at least and that they won’t protect chickens by attacking etc but would their presence deter them?
I’m probably just gonna pay the money to get it covered but it’s expensive so I’m just making sure there’s nothing I can do!
View attachment 3574423
I'm not really sure if either would work.
Covering the run is going to be the safest route to take. Along with protecting from hawks, it will keep raccoons, opossums, weasels, wildcats, and everything else out of reach of your poultry. Guard geese and bird decoys may or may not work on certain predators or at certain times of day.

Back
Top Bottom