BYC’s BirdTober Thread

That's beautiful I could never draw like that
Not true!! With practice you can achieve great things!! Also, some people have a talent for it. @SundownAviaries obviously has a talent for that art! :)
Did this one a little too early couldn't wait, whatever it's a pileated woodpecker but I changed how the wings looked a bit
If you’d like a little advice.. I think you’d be really really good at more cartoony drawings! (Something I’m not so good at! 😅 I love your little bird drawings!)

Ok guys.
I'm really really sorry to say this, but I'm going to have to bow out.
I'm such a horrible artist that it takes me days to even make a somewhat recognizable drawing.
Also, my life is so jam-packed with so many other things I need to be doing that I've been super stressed out and feeling frantic and miserable by turns for about the last week or so.

I'll still post the one drawing when I'm finished. But I just can't continue. 😞

Ok guys.
I'm such a horrible artist that it takes me days to even make a somewhat recognizable drawing.
Also, my life is so jam-packed with so many other things I need to be doing that I've been super stressed out and feeling frantic and miserable by turns for about the last week or so.

You don't have to do really detail or realistic drawings I don't do realistic because it takes too long and causes me stress you can always try other styles of art to see what fits you but if you think you need to discontinue the challenge it's your choice I hope you feel better

You don't have to do really detail or realistic drawings I don't do realistic because it takes too long and causes me stress you can always try other styles of art to see what fits you but if you think you need to discontinue the challenge it's your choice I hope you feel better
Yeah, I know. But my issue is, I'm a perfectionist. 😭😂 So I feel that my drawing isn't complete until I've done everything.

Ok guys.

I tend to do the exact same thing, especially years ago when I was still desperate to attain hyperrealism. :) Honestly, I know I could be making much better pieces of artwork for this event too, but it would take so much time that it's not worth it, so I've chosen to use it to practice painting and sketching quickly, capturing the form and motion in things rather than the exact shading and shape. This, in turn, improves your detailed pieces drastically. That said, I've been practicing pretty consistently for 12 years, so obviously my "quick work" will be different from yours, and that's okay. Doing art fast is still worthwhile practice - and it takes far less time. You may be surprised how fast you improve if you do that for a month. :pop

Last night I decided I wanted to participate, so I threw something in last minute to catch up. I was practicing a goofy cartoony style because I usually do realism.
I’m going to do domestic fowl and wild birds for this one because I like drawing both. Today, I will try something more elaborate.
(Eta: I know a feral pigeon isn’t exactly “wild”)
A2CCBC41-9122-48A0-8394-698D1C10222F.jpeg

After looking at the picture below, I hereby decree that you are never allowed to ever say that again.

This is GREAT Abby!! Would you like some tips for the talons? :D
Thank you!! And I would love some pointers. That’s the one part that I couldn’t get right, and it was driving me crazy!

Back
Top Bottom