BYC 2016 OTHER POULTRY TYPES CALENDAR - Pics Needed!

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by sumi, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Carrosaur

Carrosaur Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    I cannot WAIT for this calendar!!

2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    It's going to be hard to decide which calendar to get...I only need one but both will be full of wonderful pictures.

3. Tevyes Dad

Tevyes Dad Leader of the Quack

Apr 22, 2014
    Montana
    If it makes things easier, you could put both calendars side by side. Use one to plan future events and the other to log notable events as they pass like a diary for future reference... [​IMG]

4. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Some of us (Terrie and me included) have the ovation feature turned off. [​IMG]

5. Tevyes Dad

Apr 22, 2014
    Montana
    Just curious, why would you do that? I don't see the down side of an ovation (you can turn off notifications if you don't want to be bothered by them). In a contest like this, If someone put up a super spectacular picture and 10 people felt compelled to comment "super spectacular" on it, then 10 quoted super spectacular replies would make the thread cumbersome, whereas 10 ovations with the note "super spectacular" don't interfere with the thread at all. The accumulated ovations also give everyone a clue when they look at a certain picture how much the community has appreciated it. Ovations are supposed to be given for things that make the site better and in a scenario like this the best and most spectacular (from our individual beholding eyes) pictures do just that.

Edit: I didn't want to come across as rude... by "don't want to be bothered by them", I meant - I realize as a moderator or an administrator, your duties can be taxing and you have more exposure than most people on this forum and I can totally understand why you wouldn't want your phone or email or whatever filling up with notifications that someone had given you an ovation every 15 seconds... But since you can turn off the notifications, they would just silently collect.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  6. Cockatrice6420

Cockatrice6420 Chillin' With My Peeps

We have wild fires all around us but the smoke in the air leant well to this pic, I think.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Tevyes Dad

Apr 22, 2014
    Montana
    Ok you "Other Poultry" people... The chicken calendar has us out posted by nearly 5x and out viewed by a little over7x. When it comes to BUYING "our" calendar, lets make sure our voices are heard!!!! FORWARD... AAAAAAAAAAAAARG[​IMG]

8. margaret8

margaret8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2013
    Edmond, Ok
    I've reached my posting limit!

9. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Well, I guess it's time for a little subterfuge -

[​IMG]
    Look! It's a chukling!

2 people like this.
  10. Tevyes Dad

Apr 22, 2014
    Montana
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] CHUKLING!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by