BYC Android App!!!!

So would you use an BYC Android App????????????

Seems that BYC doesn't think there are enough of us that would use an Android app, but in the 8 pages of this thread MANY have asked for one. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/832548/new-free-byc-iphone-ipad-app/70#post_12909641

Nifty-Chicken said "Also, an app for Android would be great if it would be in demand!"............ So let's show him that it WOULD be in demand!!! After all, there are MANY more Android phones out there than there are iPhones!!!!

If you would use it please post in THIS thread. Let's light this board up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!
yes

I have a Samsung galaxy note 3... The people in the android market need an app too! I just got off the ios system to android and so much better. Please persuade who ever to set up for android! I mean the Internet on this is better than my laptop but still it's about the app ease of use ;)

Quote:
i i would use an android app if it was available and was better than the mobile web site. I think the mobile site is very good. I think it would be a tall order to beat the mobile site. In all fairness, I don't like notifications coming to my phone. Only messages from my wife, parents, and a few close friends rise to that level.

Last edited:
I have an android platfform. What i would hope to get from an app. From BYC is the icon that takes me szraight to the sight. No going on web searching my bookmarks.. witch give me proplems on occation. The email notificatons mean i have to set it up to alert me.. and in that case it warns me of ALL my incoming mail.. no way to telling it this one not that one and compound that with the junk mail i got for having the same email for over 13years. So to have an app that will alert me to only that thread i posted to would be a grad design for me. Then to add the ease of the icon one click from your sight makes it that much sweeter!

I have an android platfform. What i would hope to get from an app. From BYC is the icon that takes me szraight to the sight. No going on web searching my bookmarks.. witch give me proplems on occation. The email notificatons mean i have to set it up to alert me.. and in that case it warns me of ALL my incoming mail.. no way to telling it this one not that one and compound that with the junk mail i got for having the same email for over 13years. So to have an app that will alert me to only that thread i posted to would be a grad design for me. Then to add the ease of the icon one click from your sight makes it that much sweeter!

Actually, BYC has some pretty good notification settings that could do this stuff for you, and it's possible to set up a homescreen shortcut to let you reach the mobile site faster.
Homescreen shortcut: Some Android devices add this widget to their stock app selection, otherwise a few quick searches in the market should find you one.
Email alerts: On the desktop site (not the mobile one though, sadly), you can change your default notifications settings, or you can change your settings per thread here.
You may also want to set up some email filters, assuming you use Gmail. They can help a lot if you have problems with junk mail. :)

I have a Samsung S4 running Android 4.3 and yes I would like to see a dedicated app. TapTalk works pretty well with BYC, I have not tried the mobile setting (Firefox 28.0.1). I just logged in and mobile works fine (browser/mobile). On the notifications I currently get email notifications periodically which works fine for me. I do have a problem with too many persistent applications running on my phone that eat up memory/CPU that can cause an overhead issue with my phone. Yes I like Android, however the mobile works fine for me and how I view BYC so I think I will side with the Admin. that the overhead is not worth the effort.

Back
Top Bottom