BYC Android App!!!!

Pics
I was able to find the app in the app store, but long pressing was the fix! I didn't know long pressing would give me that menu, thank you =D

Toddrick, the new fixes are great... but I feel the auto refresh is too much... if my phone gets a pop up, like my service is in and out, I instantly lose all text, quotes, everything... and if my screen clicks off for even a second, everything is lost too... I liked being able to turn off my screen and come back to finish typing later, but now it's impossible... it now feels like it spends more time reloading than anything now... :/

That is great news! Do you mind sharing what helped? Was it just not selecting the spell checker, or did you have to change keyboards? Or did the new version just work?

I was going to say it just worked but I signed out and tried again using the spell checker and it would not work. Definitely the spell checker as I had no trouble logging in the second time without using spell check

Last edited:
And that took 4 times just to make that post...

Yup, I hear ya. The auto refresh has been completely eliminated in the next build. It is ready to publish now, but I'm going to hold off at least until tomorrow to see if I can squeeze any more improvements in by then. The biggest change is that notifications will throttle down to one per hour if you are not on WiFi in order to preserve data and battery life. It will also try and write the WebView cache to an external SDCard if one is available, because some people have limited internal storage.

The problem Kuku reported about the 3rd party links not opening on Android 4.4.2 has been verified to be an open issue. I was able to reproduce it, but only on that version so far. It's a pretty minor problem though, since long touching the link can still open it.

Yup, I hear ya. The auto refresh has been completely eliminated in the next build. It is ready to publish now, but I'm going to hold off at least until tomorrow to see if I can squeeze any more improvements in by then. The biggest change is that notifications will throttle down to one per hour if you are not on WiFi in order to preserve data and battery life. It will also try and write the WebView cache to an external SDCard if one is available, because some people have limited internal storage.

The problem Kuku reported about the 3rd party links not opening on Android 4.4.2 has been verified to be an open issue. I was able to reproduce it, but only on that version so far. It's a pretty minor problem though, since long touching the link can still open it.

Thank you! Sounds like a good plan... oh, I used to have that issue opening embedded links from the app too... it used to do nothing, then it went to just giving a refresh option, but now it seems to be working fine... I was gonna mention it, but only noticed it recently, lol, the autorefresh irritated me so much I forgot that part... :D ;)

Sounds superb! Thank you so much!

New issues, it won't let me post pics or imbed pics in PM's now. As soon as I click the pic I want the app just stops. And it won't play youtube vids when someone posts the actually video and not just the link.

New issues, it won't let me post pics or imbed pics in PM's now. As soon as I click the pic I want the app just stops. And it won't play youtube vids when someone posts the actually video and not just the link.

If you are having problems uploading pics, make sure you aren't plugged into your computer, as that blocks your external storage from the apps.

Please send me a link to the page with the video that won't play. If it is playing sound but no video then this is a known issue and you just need to make it full screen.

Back
Top Bottom