BYC Android App!!!!

Pics
If you are having problems uploading pics, make sure you aren't plugged into your computer, as that blocks your external storage from the apps.

Please send me a link to the page with the video that won't play. If it is playing sound but no video then this is a known issue and you just need to make it full screen. 

Don't even have a computer, lol. Was able to post pics before, just today it stopped.

Can't figure out how to copy and paste thread links from the app either.
But the thread I just tried watching a vid on was:

Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!
Post#4490

Vid just sticks on loading circle and never even starts.

Don't even have a computer, lol. Was able to post pics before, just today it stopped.

Can't figure out how to copy and paste thread links from the app either.
But the thread I just tried watching a vid on was:

Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!
Post#4490

Vid just sticks on loading circle and never even starts.

I'm sure the video is playing. I bet you are just experiencing the video playback issue described in the FAQ. Make it full screen and you'll see it. Since there is no sound in that video it is harder to identify the situation.

As for the upload problem. I don't know what it could be. It works on mine. If you did not opt out of the Beta program then you probably got a Beta update today, but the image uploads haven't changed on it.

If you want to opt-out of Beta click this link and choose to opt-out:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.backyardchickens

New issues, it won't let me post pics or imbed pics in PM's now. As soon as I click the pic I want the app just stops. And it won't play youtube vids when someone posts the actually video and not just the link.

I got a review stating the same problem with uploading, so I tested again, and this time was able to reproduce the error. I've rewrote the image upload method for Android 5 to fix this issue. Asides from code optimizations, there shouldn't be a lot of other changes in build 61.

I have added a paid version for those that would rather buy it than have ads. Otherwise it is the same currently. I might add some advanced features to this version, like manual configuration of notifications, if there is any demand. We'll see.

I got a review stating the same problem with uploading, so I tested again, and this time was able to reproduce the error. I've rewrote the image upload method for Android 5 to fix this issue. Asides from code optimizations, there shouldn't be a lot of other changes in build 61.

I have added a paid version for those that would rather buy it than have ads. Otherwise it is the same currently. I might add some advanced features to this version, like manual configuration of notifications, if there is any demand. We'll see. 

Thanks, Toddrick! I had figured it was just my phone, lol. But just saw a couple other people saying they were having same problem now too.
:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom