BYC Bible Study Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you should go back and read more carefully, or get another Bible. Not all Bibles, unfortunately, are the same. A little respect would be helpful, too.

But I thought the bible was the word of God? They all say there are... so which one is the real word of God and which are false?

Actually don't bother to answer that one. It just shows how untrue the hole thing is.

I will leave you all now so you don't even need to reply.

I will start my own Thread about Atheism.

I feel sorry for some people here.......we only have one life, and we need to make the most of it here and now, and not wast if dreaming about living in heaven.

If you like to have this relationship with an invasable man who talks to you in you own head, and tells you what to do and think, then good luck to you. But others would say this is a sign of mental illness.
People like you are exactly why I left Atheism and became more open minded. You ruin the whole thing for everyone else, you make the sane people look like intolerant, "holier-than-thou" garbage. The fun of religion isn't about a giant talking voice in your head and the sky, the point is about learning to love and help others. Everyone is free to believe what they want, we have just one life as you said and if a person wants to make the most of it by doing this, then why stop them?

Thank you.

People like you are exactly why I left Atheism and became more open minded. You ruin the whole thing for everyone else, you make the sane people look like intolerant, "holier-than-thou" garbage. The fun of religion isn't about a giant talking voice in your head and the sky, the point is about learning to love and help others. Everyone is free to believe what they want, we have just one life as you said and if a person wants to make the most of it by doing this, then why stop them?

Thank you.
* high -five*

Quote: Sure! It's a very beautiful religion, despite what people like to tell others, that focuses a lot on gaining knowledge, helping others, reflection, thankfulness, humbleness, steering away from greediness/excess, etc. It's actually not all that different from the two other Abrahamic religions.
Sounds a lot like Christianity.. an no worries each religion has its good and bad apples to make things look good or bad ;) But there are major differences when it comes to the Deity.

Zinnia...... *hug * :p lol
Sort of major, I suppose. The God isn't everywhere at once unlike the Christian one, and He has no image therefore He did not create people in His image. He isn't even a He or a She. Just one all-forgiving God.

tongue.png

Alah also can lie but chooses not to. And Jehovah cannot lie because he cannot sin. Sin is everything that is not off Him/ His ways. So they are not the same God as some claim.

(how r ya?)
Never heard of the lying thing, where did you hear of it?
From what I've picked up He's truthful. But I could be missing something.

( not so wonderful, but at least I'm alive.
tongue.png
)
It says he is truthful, but he has the ability to lie. I heard it on a special they did about it from scholars. I have yet to read the book I have only gotten bits. I have friends that are sufie (sp?)

Well lets work on the wonderful bit :)

Quote: Wow..... you should ask or you money back from that theology school sweetie you got gyped. Nor do I hate or will ever hate God, I know him personally I am sorry you feel you have to bang people around to get you point across. nor am I required to answer every question you throw out I know I will not change your mind. But I have walked both sides of the fence and when people who are at deaths door and filling those prisons as you state change their hearts for the living good and start living a better life as well as helping other because of it.... where's the harm in that exactly?

I know what I believe you are trying to make my belief look like something else because you don't understand it. I am not going to argue with you please start you own thread like it has been suggested you are not on the study list. Thank you and I pray you have a nice day tomorrow.

*looks under carpet* Clean.

I am almost done with the translation and summary for today's study. Yay. I find I have to do it at night when the kiddos are in bed. Sine I am not typing from my head and having to quote things lol.

Back to Ephesians 1:3-5

BYC is not opposed to religion, nor does BYC prevent or disallow religious or faith expressions but such topics are highly discouraged. Thus, the policies of BYC are clear. The Terms Of Service agreement states in #13

We strongly discourage religious and political topics and reserve the right to delete them at our discretion.

Such threads, while well intended, perhaps, simply do not go well. The points of view of the various members is simply too broad and too diverse. Since faith and religion are by nature highly personal and often a passionate part of the human experience, it is naive to think that threads dedicated to discussion of faith or religion can ever be non-sectarian and free of disagreement.

It is difficult enough to run a smooth forum site on chickens, which is, by the way, the central focus of this site. Have a good day everyone and blessings to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom