BYC Café

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KingOfFools, Jan 23, 2015.

1. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, NorthFLChick, [​IMG]. I did 'sleep in' today. Up too early yesterday and more exertion than this ole body is accustomed to.

2. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    Is that why we are up so early? I was awake at 5 AM checking on the meaties that came in yesterday They were so quiet I thought the cat had somehow got in them... .

3. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    They can be strange creatures eh Margie?

Ah well. Got the feedings/waterings done before the alarm even went off. The new sprinkler thing works well :)

4. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Thanks for the welcome!

I was just thinking of taking a little nap...been up since 3 and my day feels at least half over.
    [​IMG]
    DH and I stayed up late last night too. We found a copy of Treasure Island (the 2011 version I think) and watched all 3.5 hours of it...really good take on that old story.

Thanks for having me, I'll be back!

5. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Graduation was at 8am this morning, the grads had to be there at quarter to seven.
    *Y*A*W*N* I suppose they have to pack a lot of high schools in today. I did not get coffee until lunch .

They held it at the livestock pavilion. okay. I can accept that. There were 400 some grads and not everyone has micro families....But if there are 45 people coming two hours from now... and I am here NOW, don't save the entire bleacher seating for 'maybe' shows. I am here in person right now....scoot over.
    Some people actually dressed up, most spit out their skoll, but many brought their spit cups with them [​IMG].... But air horns? Really? How many parents did not get to hear their kid's named called because of the idiots and the screaming air horns?

I bought a dress and even put on make up. My husband was only one of four people that I saw who wore a tie.
    When did everything become so casual? Isn't this a big deal? Should there not be some decorum?

He looked nice though. He is happy and I didn't cry. How about that? [​IMG]

[​IMG]Hey Debby! you'll love it here. Go back a few pages and read Margie's bear story! It is fantastic.

1 person likes this.
  6. tjo804

tjo804 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2014
    Cedar Creek, Texas
    ooh completely agree!
    My Daughter graduated last night set to start at 8 started closer to 9 the air horns were worse than a rock concert! I had to follow the names in the brochure so I wouldnt miss my daughters name. and the people wore sleeveless t shirts and blue jeans.? What?

7. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Maybe it's a southern thing. [​IMG]

8. MissWiggles

MissWiggles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2015
    UP of Michigan
    I see I am late to the party again! But I have the fixings for Strawberry Margaritas...

About the graduation thing, don't know much about the noise maker things, they are not permitted here. I do agree about the not dressing up part. People don't seem to dress up for anything anymore. Church, weddings, graduations, funerals. I don't get it. I'm not that old, but I know when jeans are not acceptable! And I understand that jeans are expensive these days, seriously, who is spending that much money! But that still doesn't mean you can substitute them for a nice skirt or dress.

Ok, rant over...I need to unpack some groceries.

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Scottcaddy - definitely brownies over coffee, especially if a scoop of ice cream is on top of the brownie.

Sour, I slept in this morning too. Except I slept till 3 pm. I can't seem to break this craziness. I was so disoriented I had to put the computer on to find out it was Saturday, my cheap watch doesn't give days.

As soon as I read a post, I forget what it said except for "brownies." There should be a smilie eating an ice cream cone. Maybe folks could keep my attention from waning by putting an ice cream icon in, every few words.

10. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I don't think so, I think things are getting more lax/sloppier all over. BIG congrats to the grad (and of course his parents)!
    Gotta go back a few pages and read the bear story, that sounds like a good one!

@drumstick diva , is this what you're looking for? [​IMG]

Oh and you all can call me Debby!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by