BYC Café

I'd need a crane to lift the purse that would hold Bella.

All my dogs have been trained to let me Dremel their nails. They obviously freak out the first few times. Ben literally bucked me off the first time I did his nails. By the 4th time he was shoving Bridget out of the way so he could go first on manicure day
I clip then Dremel. Except on the puppy. Her nails cut like butter and aren't rough or sharp.

Yeah I definitely would be broke especially with 4 dogs 😂
Well, I just have the one, and when she gets hurt in any way, she cries like she is dying. I have electric fence around my chicken run, and I have bumped it, and yes it's a bit of a shock, by my goodness. Ruby bumped it and ran around the entire yard crying and yowling. :lau She has an invisible fence and has broken through it a couple times, but it's more of a buzz compared to the fence around the chickens. Anyway, we're trying to get her to allow us to trim her nails so I don't have to take her to the vet for that. We even got the little sander they have been advertising on tv. I KNOW it doesn't hurt. Oh well, what can I expect from a dog who whines the whole time she is getting a bath? She carries on so much that one of the cats has to go into the bathroom for moral support. :rolleyes:

Well, I just have the one, and when she gets hurt in any way, she cries like she is dying. I have electric fence around my chicken run, and I have bumped it, and yes it's a bit of a shock, by my goodness. Ruby bumped it and ran around the entire yard crying and yowling. :lau She has an invisible fence and has broken through it a couple times, but it's more of a buzz compared to the fence around the chickens. Anyway, we're trying to get her to allow us to trim her nails so I don't have to take her to the vet for that. We even got the little sander they have been advertising on tv. I KNOW it doesn't hurt. Oh well, what can I expect from a dog who whines the whole time she is getting a bath? She carries on so much that one of the cats has to go into the bathroom for moral support. :rolleyes:

:lau:gig:lau

OMG!!!

My husband has had to hold our dogs for me. He holds the pit lab in the air so I can cut her nails 😂 he puts both arms under her stomach and it works.

I'm going to buy a grooming table soon. I groom jolene a lot and it's full haircuts too. I usually do it sitting on the floor with her but some days easy not easy getting back up 😂
:bowYou sure have a way with dogs! I wish I could handle Ruby. DH has to give her a bath; I can't even get her in the tub. She is so tame and good compared to when we got her. After a month of an out of control dog, I contacted a trainer, I call her a dog whisperer. She came out over a Christmas weekend to save Ruby. After 3 1/2 hours we had some tools in our tool box. It has taken a lot of time, and some things are still difficult, but she wants to be a good dog. Who knows what all happened to her in her formative years. I'm not complaining about her. I just know less is more with her. The first time we left her home alone while we ran to the store, we locked her in the spare room and she tore the rug out and destroyed part of the door. Obviously, she cannot take confinement, so she has to have a doggie door and a lot of outdoor space to run. She doesn't want anyone messing with her paws, ears, tail, anything, but she loves hugs and cuddles.

Let her carry on, nails done at the vet is expensive and likely takes a lot longer to drive there and back than for them to do the nails. Of course the dog might like car rides and not mind at all.
You are right! It's 2 1/2 hours of driving and at least 1/2 hr at the vet, because they are always behind. That's the reason we're working on doing it here. She'll eventually realize we're not going to hurt her. I hope. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom