BYC Café

Building Bridges

Songster
Premium member
Jan 11, 2020
Ohio
Ok friends...please help me with this.... I read a thread/post about BYC "etiquette" as I want to read and learn but don't want to annoy anyone. Someone on there said something like "And don't bump old posts up !" As I read, read, read....I find things I'd like to comment on and things I'd like to ask about but am afraid to "bump up" an older post. Seems to me those older posts have a wealth of info. Am I worrying too much or is there a better way. Thanks for your patience.

sourland

Broody Magician
Premium member
10 Years
May 3, 2009
New Jersey
Ok friends...please help me with this.... I read a thread/post about BYC "etiquette" as I want to read and learn but don't want to annoy anyone. Someone on there said something like "And don't bump old posts up !" As I read, read, read....I find things I'd like to comment on and things I'd like to ask about but am afraid to "bump up" an older post. Seems to me those older posts have a wealth of info. Am I worrying too much or is there a better way. Thanks for your patience.
For me it's just a matter of common sense. If something catches my attention and I think on commenting I will click on the OP's profile to see if they are still active and willing to respond. I see nothing wrong with the occasional reviving of pertinent posts.

ValerieJ

Enabler
Premium member
Jul 24, 2016
Washington State
I wouldn't over think that. Some posts come back and people learn from them. On the other hand, in the New Members, every now and then a really old post will be commented on and then everyone who follows that forum is tricked into commenting on a zombie thread. People come in, introduce themselves, and then don't ever come back sometimes. So, I think what you read referred to that situation, and not a regular post that perhaps pertains to a timeless issue, like an injured or sick bird.

Building Bridges

Songster
Premium member
Jan 11, 2020
Ohio
I wouldn't over think that. Some posts come back and people learn from them. On the other hand, in the New Members, every now and then a really old post will be commented on and then everyone who follows that forum is tricked into commenting on a zombie thread. People come in, introduce themselves, and then don't ever come back sometimes. So, I think what you read referred to that situation, and not a regular post that perhaps pertains to a timeless issue, like an injured or sick bird.
Ok...I appreciate that response.

CapricornFarm

Waiting for spring
Premium member
10 Years
Feb 1, 2010
Southern Virginia
Good morning everybody!! Only 4:30 here, so I don't know what the day looks like yet, but I can hear the rain. It will be here for days now. 😒 Who has coffee? I need a cup. :)
Thank goodness for insurance!
Quite stunning!
Rain and wind are a bad mix for our feathered friends. Do you bring food to the mums and chicks when they are stuck inside then?

We don't have the driving wind just now, but the rain is back. Need to find some decent straw to put down in the runs. This last stuff is a bunch of fluff and dust, like a third cutting or something.
Why do you say that? We have central air so the house stays about the same temp all the time. No devil in that! :lau
Thanks Valerie, he is a looker .

Latest posts

Top Bottom