BYC Café

She. I've only got the two boys left.
And she's cute!!
She still looks Angry Bird to me!

Dh just wants to know what kind. He is fond of mushrooms. He might eat it if he found it was edible. There are more out there.
Well there is one way to find out. Is his life insurance paid up? ;)

11:08 PM
20200702_225119.jpg

is it too late for coffee?
never.

Good morning Cafe.
Coffee is made. Tea bags, milk and sugar are on the counter.
Had an incredible storm here last night. It took out the electricity supply and the phone.
According to the weather forecast (Accuweather) at the time of the storm it was apparently sunny and dry with only a 5% chance of rain. They're taking the piss really aren't they but they'll still try and charge you for this crystal ball gazing.
Someone must have told them it rained because today the forecast says it's cloudy. It is, but it's raining as well which they don't mention.

Had an incredible storm here last night. It took out the electricity supply and the phone.
Are you back up and running now?
No trees fell on any of your buildings?

My beloved whole house fan started making ominous squeaking sounds last night.
Or course it's not doing this morning when it's cool enough to ascend into the attic to check it out.

Are you back up and running now?
No trees fell on any of your buildings?

My beloved whole house fan started making ominous squeaking sounds last night.
Or course it's not doing this morning when it's cool enough to ascend into the attic to check it out.
Yup. The electricity was only out for a few hours.
I hear the roof beams here moving around.:hmm

Good morning, Cafe. Thanks for the coffee, Shad.
Had a good work day at mom's house yesterday. I need to pick up the windows and a few supplies today and have DH help me wrestle the tub/shower surround out of the bathroom. I can then finish removing all the second layer drywall and the first layer in all the areas I'm going to tile.

I was originally going to set the wall tile outside the shower stall on the original drywall but decided to just take it down when I saw how badly damaged it was. I started at the bottom and it just crumbled in my hands. The back of the wall was covered in mold. Once I had the wet wall interior exposed, I could see more mold growing on the back of the drywall behind the kitchen sink base cabinet so I cut that out too.

Once I clean it all out, I'll wrap up all the cold lines with insulation so they don't sweat in there anymore. And of course install green board instead of standard drywall when I start rebuilding.

I'm REALLY glad that I decided to gut to the studs and will have all that nastiness OUT of mom's house.

Back
Top Bottom