BYC Café

If only it were just a 'bit'.
We get a bit older every day.

Gotta love tropical downpours.
What a great pic!

We finally got some rain overnight, about an inch.
It hasn't rained since we got that terrible tree killing storm on the June 26th,
which was the only rain in all of June.
Temps are cooler too, today and Sunday below 80°F!!
....the humidity is still a killer tho, but still...some relief.
Making bread today, good thing as I am out, even ate all the heels.

I am still perplexed over the chicks' genders. I'm beginning to wonder if my luck's in and I got 4 pullets...
I was correct in originally thinking I had 3 cockerels and 5 pullets but the cockerels were not all Fabio's. :lol: I just like to blame him for things that don't go my way with the flock. I'm sure he's also behind all these broody hens too.

I heard Matrix crowing this morning! :love I absolutely love listening to the little boys trying to be big boys. This is the first time I've had a relatively young one sound off. The rest didn't voice their genders until they were 15-16 weeks old. He's 10. I can't wait to hear his brother when he starts. I also haven't seen any real challenges between these two boys to establish dominance.

Good morning, Cafe. Thanks for the coffee, Shad.
Big plans for work today but first things first, I have to go to Dad's and get my other floor fan. The one I've been using to keep relatively comfortable at my mom's house bit the bullet last night. I think I dripped 2 cups of sweat all over the house during the 2 hours I was puttering around down there.

Back
Top Bottom