Meg-in-MT

Enabler
Jan 29, 2018
SW Montana
You can buy inserts and build a nest box around them. I forget where I bought mine.
View attachment 2346485
I bet those inserts are nice, Cap. Easy to clean? Unfortunately, I'm in need of rollout boxes. The ones for sale are expensive! I get plenty of wood from work and I'm plenty handy enough to build my own. I just need to get the nesting pads.

Last edited:

DobieLover

Easily distracted by chickens
Premium Feather Member
Jul 23, 2018
NY Southern Tier
My Coop
I

I bet those inserts are nice, Cap. Easy to clean? Unfortunately, I'm in need of rollout boxes. The ones for sale are expensive! I get plenty of wood from work and I'm plenty handy enough to build my own. I just need to get the nesting pads.
Someone eating eggs?

aart

Chicken Juggler!
Premium Feather Member
Nov 27, 2012
SW Michigan
My Coop
Was able to get back in the woods to lay out some boundary tape for the 'Forest Eater' machine, was both exhilarating to get back there and sad to see the damage to my fence, far end of tape is attached to trashed gate.
Brighter notes, Gorgeous Day and Little Sister's second egg!
A bit larger and darker olive.

1600980092117.png

1600980126225.png

ronott1

A chicken will always remember the egg
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Mar 31, 2011
Woodland, CA
My Coop
Not quite locusts, but they were the worst I've ever seen. Stripped the lawns, bushes and did a number on the trees. I'll take a couple pictures, it's a bummer :hmm
Here in the Bay Area, There is a moth caterpillar that is only supposed to hatch every 10 years. They came back in both 2018 and 2019!

They really can hurt you too

In San Jose, Milpitas or Mountain View, hordes of red, orange, yellow and white western tussock moth caterpillars are blanketing trees, dive-bombing playgrounds, crawling up buildings and marching down the sidewalk, long black antennae leading the way. Last year’s boom left trees stripped of leaves and playgrounds covered in inching pests. And those infestation invasions usually happen only every seven to 10 years.

So why are they back again? Even the experts don’t know for sure, but it’s creeping plenty of people out.

ronott1

A chicken will always remember the egg
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Mar 31, 2011
Woodland, CA
My Coop
I was in class three days for IPC-620C CSE certification. There was a 20 question closed book and 70 question open book test. You had to get 80% on each to pass. I got 90 on the closed and 96 on the open. Printed out my certificate and it's got toner streaks all over it! :lol:
We have to convert our class certificates to pdf and add them to our online merit process each year.

No printer streaks!

Top Bottom