BYC Café

Yes! Although there are always some that get it right from the first time, the majority seems to need three days to really get it.
Am dreaming of a 'chick' trap' so I don't have to chase them down with the insect net.
Have tried several thing over the years, none of it worked real well....
.....and these chicks are really 'wild'.

Am dreaming of a 'chick' trap' so I don't have to chase them down with the insect net.
Have tried several thing over the years, none of it worked real well....
.....and these chicks are really 'wild'.
I used to set out a dog travelling crate for them to huddle up in. And equipped with nice bedding and treats, it saved me the chasing part.

They eagerly gathered in the crate to be brought back upstairs to their coop. Just like entering some kind of snack equipped elevator.

I used to set out a dog travelling crate for them to huddle up in. And equipped with nice bedding and treats, it saved me the chasing part.

They eagerly gathered in the crate to be brought back upstairs to their coop. Just like entering some kind of snack equipped elevator.
Thought of using the floor nest to do the same.

Good morning Cafe. Had some light rains last night, and some warming weather today.
Accuweather sent out a alert that our area would be getting some beneficial rain and snow in the mountains!

So far it is colder than normal and there are some clouds but no rain here yet.

Back
Top Bottom