BYC Café

'severe' storms expected tonight
Yeah, that was the main story on the local news tonight. While we could use some rain now, they were talking about 60-70+ mph winds, and no one needs that.

Tomorrow I'm going to get my teeth cleaned for the first time since before the pandemic started. I didn't think sitting in a room with my mouth wide open was the best thing to do last summer/fall. We've had our shots, so it's time to get these things done. Before it all falls apart again? :oops:

@aart, I know what you mean. We are surrounded by oak trees. I wish the guys coming to take the 4 that are leaning over the house had been here last week...

Be safe, everyone!
How did you fare up there @Sally PB ?
The big storm was a rather a non event here.
Lots of flash and rumble but no damaging winds, floods, or trees down here.
Was over in an hour.
Relieved.

I candled last night, day 14. All six eggs have wigglies in them! I'm amazed. I've never incubated shipped eggs. OK, in all fairness to Astrid, I've never incubated an egg at all. She's doing all the work.
These are the eggs that were started in the locals incubator?

Good afternoon everyone, and thanks for the coffee @DobieLover

We are having strong winds and thunderstorms, it really feels like autumn already. Big tree branches coming down all the time and we have to be careful running the dogs, not to get hit by them. But I like autumn, for me it is the best season of all four.

I have to keep the La Fleche rooster with the infected toe in the anteroom of his coop with two of his ladies for company, as he moves too much and fights with his half brother through the double fences, thus ripping off the bandage and getting his toe all nasty again. :barnie So hopefully his toe will heal better now that he is forced to slow down.

Stay safe all!

Back
Top Bottom