BYC Café

This morning when I opened the pen only 4 chicks walked out with most of the flock.
After I finished filling the feeders I started rinsing the waterer base and the last chick walked out of the coop...with a light buff fluff feather stuck to the bottom of each foot. She looked like she was wearing snow shoes! Of all the times NOT to have my phone with me.

Good morning, and thanks for the coffee.
This morning when I opened the pen only 4 chicks walked out with most of the flock.
After I finished filling the feeders I started rinsing the waterer base and the last chick walked out of the coop...with a light buff fluff feather stuck to the bottom of each foot. She looked like she was wearing snow shoes! Of all the times NOT to have my phone with me.
Does that chick know something that we don't?

OK, not far at all, easy walking distance if necessary. The closest markets to me are 6 miles (or 9.7 km). A bit farther to the bigger stores. Walmart is 11 miles though I rarely go there.

Are the villages in your are all small and close to each other or is there a lot of open land between them? Are they basically farming villages with farmland surrounding the houses?

All 245 residents!
Our county: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreis_Lüchow-Dannenberg

To give you an impression, this is a short video about our county (lowest population densitiy of all counties):
OK, so farm country with a quantity of relatively small population hamlets. Do people share the farming equipment? Looks on Google maps that there are way more fields than houses with equipment sheds/barns.

You quoted in from next door at The Old Folks Home.
Are we allowed to do that??
Allowed? It happens so I guess so. It happens to me as well. If I quote a post, or part of one, in one thread and forget I did so then move on to another thread and quote a few things there then insert quotes all of the quotes will show up whether from that thread or another. If I don't notice, I pull a Sally ;)

Good morning, and thanks for the coffee.

Does that chick know something that we don't?
Tonya said it rained and was really muddy. Clearly that chick knows how to keep from sinking in the mud!

I found the English version since I don't know German. I'll have to read it later.
Thanks. Looks like a very peaceful place to live.

Back
Top Bottom