BYC Café

Supposed to rain tonight then the temps drop to highs in the 50's.
I got the garlic and multiplier onions planted today for that very reason.

@aart, did your brother ever plant multiplier onions, aka, potato onions? I was wondering if, when you replant some bulbs for the next year, do you plant the big ones, like you do with garlic?

Good afternoon everyone!

Brought another freshly brewed pot to warm us up a bit.

We have hurricane warnings for the night and tomorrow, but the winds already started to almost blow us down this afternoon.
Well, and amidst of it all and totally unfazed, one of my pullets finally laid her first egg at exactly 23 weeks and 4 days of age: nicely rounded and olive coloured, weighing 52 g. :yesss:
Congratulations!

Penny, I've grown Egyptian Walking Onions (EWOs). You have the little bulbs, right? Plant those about 1- 2" deep, about a foot apart. Cover with mulch. You can plant them in the ground now.

I started 3 years ago with maybe 20 of those little bulbs. My EWO bed is about 25 x 3, and totally filled in. Here's a picture I posted in the garden thread.

IMG_1718.JPG

I dug one clump and got these:
IMG_1724.JPG

They aren't big, but there are a LOT of them. The greens are nice as green onions too.

did some mowing
Me too. Looong overdue because of the tractor being stuck in the mud then the rains keeping me from mowing.
I used a push mower to do the really wet areas.
Put up 2 more crates of pallet scrap. I now have the equivalent of about 1cord of pallet scrap and 2 cords of firewood. That should get us through the winter.
Two 4th places with the young dogs - pleasant surprise.
Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom