BYC Café

Good morning Cafe. The sun is out high 70's all week. Need to get a move on the new coop. Concrete to fill a couple small cracks.
I have a big pile of materials sitting around that i bought to build a coop. Now i have empty coops, since i sold so many chickens.

Was Bella also checked for Lyme's disease?
Yes. She's negative.
I guess the hike at Lake Willoughby is off the schedule. :(
If I force her to walk she'd probably be fine.
We are staying in an apartment that is attached to the owners house through a sunroom.
They have a medium sized young female dog. She and Bella instantly hit it off and she went tearing off with her. She's limping but no worse than this morning.
I'm going to leash her to keep her from zooming and bouncing and see if that helps.
Her lameness has clearly not affected her spirits.

I've been so horribly rushed and busy I never reported on DHs first few hours at the Hearth.
When we arrived, I had the aide take him to the dining room for lunch while I put everything away and finished setting up his apartment for him.
Then I went to the activities room to get him. They were listening to old swing music and tossing rings on stumpy bowling pins. He was smiling and tapping his feet and kinda dancing in his seat.
I took his hand and lead him towards his apartment and asked him how he liked it so far and he said, "Oh! This is fun. I love it!"
Then I showed him his apartment and the pictures on the walls of him and his kids and grandkids and he teared up and hugged me and kept saying, "Thank you, thank you!"
I'm so happy for him and so glad I moved him. I hope he'll still miss me. 🤔

I understand as many of us do DL.
We did the 3 bags concrete corners, doors and gaps 1 bag at time of course. DH has a concrete mixer still groans good.

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    641.6 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom