BYC Café

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for all the coffee.
It's pretty warm here at 29F and will hit mid-40s today. Nice day for a run in the fields for Bella with her tall pointy ears and Skittles with his irregular floppy ears. Just a pleasant day watching dogs run (under control) through the fields and woods and along a creek and play and be dogs. (Thinking happy thoughts, thinking happy thoughts...)
Tonya....you just described what I love best! And with my boy Trip, if there's water on the hike ...he's IN! He just goes bonkers and runs through the water like a crazy boy.... he is always happy no matter what we're doing!

Attachments

• Mill Hollow Nov 2018 T testing water.jpg
    Mill Hollow Nov 2018 T testing water.jpg
    930 KB · Views: 1
  • Camp 18WB T finds water.jpg
    Camp 18WB T finds water.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 1
  • Mill Hollow Nov 2018 T and cliffs.jpg
    Mill Hollow Nov 2018 T and cliffs.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • T at Sherrod Park.jpg
    T at Sherrod Park.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 2
Are all of your chickens like that? Do they ever attack you?

Mine always want to rub on me or fly on my shoulders for a ride.
:lau Have you never seen a broody hen before? Both the hens in the above pictures are broody; one with chicks and one about to sit on a clutch.
Yes they do attack me from time to time, mostly broody hens trying to protect their chicks and no I don't kill them because of it.
I got attacked last night trying to get one chick that the mother had left on the ground into the coop. I have a small cut on my hand because of it. It's part of chicken keeping.
I used to get attacked by some of the roosters here but as I learned the attacks dwindled.
I post such picture in part to counter the notion that chickens are cute fluffy little toys.

I think I might have a chick today or tomorrow 😁 I checked the two internally pipped eggs and they look like they want to come out soon.

No idea what chicken breed they are, but I think they might be mixed with polish or Brahma.

I'll need coffee tonight so I can watch them 👀
That's VERY exciting!! How do you keep from checking them every 5 minutes! :lol:

Dear lord! She looks like she’d peck your face off.
She's a bit of a terror. She backed down a Goshawk and received wounds requiring I think it was about 14 stitches. She bloodied the Goshawk in defense of her chick. She's sitting in the house nest box as I type this and I've just groomed her comb which had bits of mud stuck to it.

Back
Top Bottom