BYC Café

:lau Have you never seen a broody hen before? Both the hens in the above pictures are broody; one with chicks and one about to sit on a clutch.
Yes they do attack me from time to time, mostly broody hens trying to protect their chicks and no I don't kill them because of it.
I got attacked last night trying to get one chick that the mother had left on the ground into the coop. I have a small cut on my hand because of it. It's part of chicken keeping.
I used to get attacked by some of the roosters here but as I learned the attacks dwindled.
I post such picture in part to counter the notion that chickens are cute fluffy little toys.
No, but I've seen a very mad hen 😂 My polish got attacked by a hawk and I wanted to check her for injuries. She tore my hand up, but I didn't let go until I knew she was okay.

None of my chickens have gone broody yet but when they do I won't need my incubator anymore 😁

Good morning cafe. Thanks for the coffee BB and Shad. I think I'll mix a little of each.

I have work today, then thinking I'll my pups to the park for some play time. Frank was so happy his dad could walk him last night! It's only the second time since Halloween.

Here's some happiness for ya, TGIF!
IMG_20200123_183343813_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Like the old "watched pot" saying! I'd never get anything done....I KNOW I'd "watch the pot"! Can't wait to see your new fuzz balls! :jumpy
When I first bought my incubator my husband pretty much wasn't too happy about the idea, but now he's so excited for them to hatch 😂 This will be our fourth hatch. I think he was more concerned about something happening to the chicks and me being emotionally too invested into it, but I just sold 20 of the chicks without a problem and no tears at all 😁 I'll be butchering my first one in a few weeks.

Good morning cafe. Thanks for the coffee BB and Shad. I think I'll mix a little of each.

I have work today, then thinking I'll my pups to the park for some play time. Frank was so happy his dad could walk him last night! It's only the second time since Halloween.

View attachment 2009731
I love them all and want puppy kisses 🤗

When I first bought my incubator my husband pretty much wasn't too happy about the idea, but now he's so excited for them to hatch 😂 This will be our fourth hatch. I think he was more concerned about something happening to the chicks and me being emotionally too invested into it, but I just sold 20 of the chicks without a problem and no tears at all 😁 I'll be butchering my first one in a few weeks.
Well done on the "no tears" thing....you've got this! Butchering may be a taller order?

View attachment 2009731
Beautiful kids!! :love

Back
Top Bottom