BYC Café

Be careful of the cat getting in her face because I saw and heard something very scary at the vet when I was there last time with one of my dogs.

An officer had left his K9 at his house with his cat and they had been living together for a very long time. He left the house for only maybe 30 minutes and he came home to his beautiful K9's eye scratched to shreds. The officer was so shook up and it was so sad.

My puppy goes after the cat playing and sometimes he wants nothing to do with her. I made him his own special room (my lizard room) that she cannot get into so he can get a break. I did that after I heard about the K9, I'm still horrified because the officer was in tears carrying his dog into the office.
Yes, I am always monitoring them. They are never left without supervision. If I have to go somewhere, Bella goes in the crate.
Mogwai is an ass but she doesn't attack. She just let's Bella know that she is irritating her. Mogwai is 17.5 years old and has never outright attacked a dog. She would a cat but not a dog. She is only 6.5 pounds and not stupid.

Good morning, Cafe! Wow. Haven't been able to get on here since yesterday morning. You've had so much to say that I wouldn't know where to begin to respond!!! :D Just a couple things, anyway.
Congrats to @sourland on 56 years of marriage!!!
I had two tree dwellers in my orchard until the golden eagle picked one right out of the tree. Little Red Haired Girl would stand on an apple tree and give a speech every night. Wish I hadn't let her do that. After that, Rosie never went up in the tree again. I was relieved.
This is Little Red Haired Girl.
In my area, coyotes will take down a dog in a heartbeat.
We have animals that can take them out too and pretty easily.

Yes, I am always monitoring them. They are never left without supervision. If I have to go somewhere, Bella goes in the crate.
Mogwai is an ass but she doesn't attack. She just let's Bella know that she is irritating her. Mogwai is 17.5 years old and has never outright attacked a dog. She would a cat but not a dog. She is only 6.5 pounds and not stupid.
Yeah... The officer had his cat for a very long time and trusted it completely. It goes to show that not all animals can be trusted because in a split second they can have that fight or flight reaction.

Jack was a feral cat, but honestly I don't think he knows he's a cat. He acts like one of the dogs. My husband said it's his disguise so the dogs will let him in the pack 😂

I've quite aware that Mogwai is from the moving the Gremlins. If you saw her face you'd know why I named her that. It means monster among other translations. And that she is!
MogWai Translates to Demon.
Other Chinese words also translated which also means demon, or devil: Edu, and Emo.

And I hope my jack lives that long! He's 4 now I got him when he was a year old. I'd love it if my puggle lived that long, somehow I can't imagine life without her around.

Back
Top Bottom