BYC Café

It's still hard losing them no matter how good a life they had. :hugs She was a beautiful girl. I didn't realize you were struggling with her.

It seems I always adopt chunky monkeys! I know how to take excess weight off a dog.
Just determine how much food they should be getting at their ideal weight and start feeding about 5% less than that and make sure they are getting out and exercising.
That is how Bella lost 11 pounds. That's a 13.5% drop in body weight from when I adopted her.

Before:
View attachment 2069146
After:
View attachment 2069147
Awe, she's a beauty. I can't believe what a big difference you made with her in so little time. Thank you for the advice. I will figure out what she's supposed to be getting. With the weather warming up, we'll be able to get out a lot more. Chickie buns can stand to lose a few pounds, as well. :hmm

I thought about saying something earlier, but I almost felt like I would be making it "real". If I just don't talk about it she'll be fine. She's bounced back before. I know...not exactly rational. Of course I didn't realize how fast she would go downhill. The vet asked if she had cancer because it felt like she had osteosarcoma (don't quote me, it was something like that) in her leg. It was time. But you're right, it doesn't make it any easier. :hugs

We usually see only 1 or 2 cottontails a year though a few years ago there was a baby bunny out on the lawn about every 3 weeks. Never more than one, doesn't seem like the rabbits are very productive here. Either that or the nighttime predators are taking the babies out pretty fast.

Everything likes to eat rabbit as much as chicken if not more. It's a constant battle to maintain an adequate population at the beagle club. Hotwire keeps the larger mammalian predators out, but mink/weasels and raptors are a constant challenge.

It's still hard losing them no matter how good a life they had. :hugs She was a beautiful girl. I didn't realize you were struggling with her.

It seems I always adopt chunky monkeys! I know how to take excess weight off a dog.
Just determine how much food they should be getting at their ideal weight and start feeding about 5% less than that and make sure they are getting out and exercising.
That is how Bella lost 11 pounds. That's a 13.5% drop in body weight from when I adopted her.

Before:
View attachment 2069146
After:
View attachment 2069147
Good morning, Cafe.

And yet another drizzly, dreary day here. It's wearing me down.

Yesterday a friend of mine told me he was becoming a coffee snob. He bought a French coffee press and a grinder. He keeps his beans in the frig and grinds them just before making the coffee. He actually rolled his eyes back and said the coffee was so good it touched his soul!! :lau
Of course his reaction now has me shopping for a French coffee press and a grinder...

Holy crow! Shes lost 11# already??? :eek: She looks fantastic!!! :love

I neeeeeeeeeed some of that coffee in my life. :lau:gig

Cillin.
P3273011.JPG

It's been wet, cold and miserable here most of the day.
If you are struggling with understanding what some of the graphs one sees about Covid-19 this post may help.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...-daily-life-chat-thread.1352322/post-22375242

And then you get situations like this, where "exponential" doesn't even begin to describe it:
https://www.wect.com/2020/03/31/doz...coronavirus-dead-after-early-march-rehearsal/

(In a nutshell - about 60 choir members met for a 2 1/2-hour rehearsal on March 10 in Mount Vernon, Washington. Nobody there seemed to be sick, but within days, virtually everyone who attended the rehearsal became ill, and though most are recovering, 2 have died).

Back
Top Bottom