BYC Café

Good morning Cafe. A pot of 100% Arabica bean coffee is on the counter; please help yourself to it.

It's another sunny day here, and a bit warmer than of late. We are heading for a second exceptionally dry month in a row. The media will no doubt be fretting about drought soon :rolleyes: Since it coincided with lockdown, the Brits are looking much more tanned than usual, and they've done it without going to the Med for the sun! :D :cool:

Good afternoon, Café.
I've brewed a pot. I needed one.
The boys had a brawl when I was running the dogs this morning. I didn't even realize it until my hair dresser was admiring Fabio and I looked up to see him covered in blood. She didn't realize what all the dark steaks in his hackles were. I got my first aid kit and clean up supplies and walked right up to him. He gave a solid crow and dropped a shoulder at me but made no move to get away and didn't struggle when I picked him up.
He got the tar kicked out of him. His comb is bloody but a lot of the hackle feathers on the back of his head are gone and there is a large bloody spot there. It makes me wonder if Captain didn't jump him when he was napping. After his clean up he slowly made his way to the chicken bush where he is napping now.
I found Cap dazed in the coop with a bloody comb. He seems a little wobbly so he will be locked in the ward until he heals a bit and is steady on his feet. I think they should be separated until they are both well on their way to recovery.
If this happens again, I'm seriously considering selling Captain and letting his or one of Fabio's boys stay from the current brood.
My question to anyone who might know, will Fabio know if I keep Captain's boy that he is not his son? He knew Chip and Sarge were his.

looks like one for @Shadrach !
Yes, it certainly does. I am impatiently awaiting his arrival!
The good news is, I've heard three good solid crows from Fabio since I came inside.
I really think that Cappy took a cheap shot at him. There is no way he could have caused that kind of damage to Fabio if he was awake. Cappy always runs like hell when Fabio goes after him. The only times he hasn't was when Cap decided to pick a fight with Fabio and try to stand his ground. I'm really pissed off at Cap right now.

Back
Top Bottom