BYC Café

Weather talk is off limits here I'm so disgusted.:rantIt's been pissing down on and off all day.
There are few interesting breeds here. Most common in my area is Catalana del Prat. We get quite a few Moroccan breeds and the Black Minorcan.
Do you get wax moth in the hives?
LOL!
Theoretical Monday for me:
  • Chance
    Rain/Snow
    then Slight
    Chance Snow
    Showers
    Low: 37 °F
  • Tuesday

Tuesday: A chance of snow showers before noon, then a chance of rain showers. Some thunder is also possible.  Sunny, with a high near 55.

Chance Snow
    Showers then
    Chance
    Showers
    High: 55 °F

We stopped at The Spotted Duck Creamery on the way home after picking up grains in Penn Yan today. Homemade ice cream. Very good. Very expensive for what you got.
I always wondered about the name. I got my answer when we went around the side to the picnic tables to eat. There is a big red barn back there and a large penned area that was full of mostly ducks. There were also three peahens and one indigo blue peacock, one turkey, a Sebastopol goose, a few roosters and some hens.
This little sprite had flown out of the pen and was happily foraging along the fence line.
View attachment 2177363
I got her to come up to me twice and she pecked my finger. If I could have caught her I'd have told the owner I was taking her home. The rest of the birds were in terrible condition and I felt bad for them. I'll not be stopping there again.
I hope they start keeping up the place soon!

Oh, and Cappy is at his new home. The girl who took him gave me three fertile eggs from her Double Silver Laced Barnevelders.
If Veronica is still on the nest tomorrow night, I'll slip them under her. She went broody 2 days ago. It's the second time and she broke very easily the first time. I don't know is she's ready to go the distance. She's also low ranking. So only 3 eggs for her.
View attachment 2177548
More chickens at your place in 21ish days!

More chickens at your place in 21ish days!
No! Veronica left the nest. I didn't really trust her because she was so easy to break the first time she went broody. This time just setting her up in the maternity ward was all it took to break her. What a bummer.

No! Veronica left the nest. I didn't really trust her because she was so easy to break the first time she went broody. This time just setting her up in the maternity ward was all it took to break her. What a bummer.
Maybe next time you will get a broody to commit :fl

Back
Top Bottom