BYC Café

Those croaky early crows can be very funny.:D Even funnier when it's a hen!
You mean like Echo (Black Australorp) used to do? About the only "normal" hen noise she made was the egg song. She's been gone a couple of years. Now Arcadia (Barred Rock) is crowing in the morning ... and practicing to be a background voice in jungle movies.

Or when the doctor tells you about some new crummy disease you are going to suffer with!
Yeah :( That will age you way more than 24 hours in one day.

I got back from working on my mom's house about a 1/2 hour ago... at 9:30 at night!! :wee Man this is great getting to work how I want!
I took a break during the oppressive heat of the day and finished my mom's taxes. They are ready to sign and mail (please do NOT ask why I didn't eFile them. Just don't go there). I will have that big wad of papers off my desk that has been sitting there for three months.
I balanced the "books" for all the things I've paid for for mom's house and transferred the money over. I ordered all the siding supplies. Had dinner, fed the dogs and went back down the hill to work on the bathroom.
The bathroom wet wall was literally just dangling from the top plate, not connected to the floor at all and flopping around. You can't tile that let alone put large format tile on it. I fixed the wall, tied it to the kitchen wet wall and got nearly all the re-framing done. It's nice and solid, plumb and in the same plane. I'm quite pleased the the results.
I hope to hang some drywall tomorrow!

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for the coffee Shad.
It's not supposed to get as hot today and it will get a little cooler tonight than last night. That helps me cool mom's house down a little better so it's tolerable working in there.
I'm anxious to get back down there to irritate the neighbors some more with the chop saw, table saw and pneumatic nailer! At least none of them have flogged me...

Back
Top Bottom