BYC Café

Ugh, ugh, UGH!!!
One of the flange bolts popped out of the slot! I think the ABS flexed. I need to take the toilet off again and find out what's going on.
I cut out the gas line and my BIL remove it from the walls. But now I can't fire the water heater or furnace! Gah! (Yes, I reopened the meter valve...)
I'm calling in a plumber tomorrow to come go over the furnace anyway. I'll let them fix it...
It was chaotic here with mom's bedroom contents being moved in.
I put the shower curtain up that was here when we bought the place.
View attachment 2351263
Looking great already!

You could always adopt/rescue an older small or medium sized dog that most likely will be trained already.
They are wiser, mellower and adapt quite easily. And at least the ones we adopted went out of their way to please and even watch out for us.
If I were to get another dog it would likely be from a shelter, like Rascal was, or like my other 2 dogs came from a co-worker as a re-homes. Sure can't afford breeder prices.
Had another couple rescues that did not work out, one resulting in stitches....so I'm leery.
But other issues still exist.
Getting a dog is fairly easy, my problem is keeping them well.

Last edited:
Good morning Café. Thanks for the coffee Shad.
One of the little bantam boys crowed this morning for the first time. Too cute!

The bigger boys are really making nuisances of themselves. Matrix got a hold of Alecia and she got away but not without loosing a pile of feathers. She then turned tail on him and flogged him and ran him off.
They really need to go. Just makes me madder at the cockerel canceler. Jerk.

Last edited:
The bigger boys are really making nuisances of themselves. Matrix got a hold of Alecia and she got away but now without loosing a pile of feathers. She then turned tail on him and flogged him and ran him off.
Can you section off part of the run to segregate them?

I learned a long time ago that a bunny customer in the yard is worth 4 or 5 on the phone. I also learned to be hardnosed about people asking me if I could hold onto one for them -
"if you pay for it up front, I won't sell it, but I've been stuck with rabbits that I could have sold several times over too many times." :idunno

Hope you find a new solution for those guys soon!

Can you section off part of the run to segregate them?
They'll get tossed into the brooder to stay until I find a solution for them. They'd have 40 sq ft total and would be fine together. They hang out together when they aren't terrorizing the hens.

Back
Top Bottom