BYC Café

I am guilty of allowing the nest for the night, but just for my very old girls, they are 9,5 and 7,5 and look like hedgehogs!
Those are good ages. Do either of them still lay eggs. The eldest here laid a couple of very thin shelled eggs this year and promtly broke them leaving the nest. She's ten years old now.

Those are good ages. Do either of them still lay eggs. The eldest here laid a couple of very thin shelled eggs this year and promtly broke them leaving the nest. She's ten years old now.
Both are still laying and the older one hatched and raised 16 chicks successfully this year. She is very experienced and in all these years lost just one chick.

Did you try to supplement her with extra calcium+VitD+VitK?

Anyway, good eveninng Cafe. Late as I have been recently. I've made tea if anyone wants a cup.
I've become deeply sceptical of the assertion that computers allow us to do things more quickly. Maybe they just make the forms longer because they don't have t bear the cost of the paper.:confused:
Not a bad day weather wise. mid day around 15C, a bit cloudy but no rain.

Both are still laying and the older one hatched and raised 16 chicks successfully this year. She is very experienced and in all these years lost just one chick.

Did you try to supplement her with extra calcium+VitD+VitK?
No. She has extra calcium at hand if she needs it. She free ranges with the rest of her tribe and thhe forage is reasonable. She gets fish/meat two ro three times a week as well as commercial feed. I would rather she stopped laying eggs altogether.

Back
Top Bottom