BYC Café

The one standing on the roof with the stove pipe falling over??
Uh... That's me!
And the guys put the chimney there after removing it so they could replace some rotted roof sheathing. I cleaned it there and the part still attached to the stove.

After a very rough start this morning, I made it to the ridge! I'll have to tar the seams between the ridge shingles and nail heads, cut off the rake shingle overhangs and install the fascia but the roof isn't going to leak before I get that done.
The morning started with removing mom's water heater and getting the new one in place. I hired a plumber to hook it up so I could get on the roof.
The water heater had a 9 year warranty. It was 10 years old. The new one is electric with a 12 year warranty.

After a very rough start this morning, I made it to the ridge! I'll have to tar the seams between the ridge shingles and nail heads, cut off the rake shingle overhangs and install the fascia but the roof isn't going to leak before I get that done.
The morning started with removing mom's water heater and getting the new one in place. I hired a plumber to hook it up so I could get on the roof.
The water heater had a 9 year warranty. It was 10 years old. The new one is electric with a 12 year warranty.
Nice Job!

Good evening Cafe. Or rather Bona Nite here. It's one am according to the computer; two am according to my clock.:confused: Dems bin mesin wiv time again. No good will come of it! I went to bed a nine thirty and fell into a sleep and dream one has to struggle to lift out of. Badger outside knocked the ash bucket over again.

I've made a small pot of tea. Help yourselves.
Hand saw, or bow saw here for cutting, or a chainsaw for trees and logs here and a hammer and chisel for routing.:D I've got an electric drill.:oops: Did all the woodwork for my house with hand tools. Mostly everything fits.:p
I do my lamps and stuff with hand tools. I've been looking for a good affordable adze for years.
Slingshot is a Dale with flatbands.
The police blocked the end of the track today and it's been very quiet on the dog front.
Picked breakfast earlier.
001-PA250117.jpg

Good morning Cafe! Coffee is ready.
I slept in and I feel so much better. What a marathon week.
We've got a light rain. Temps have dropped. I hope we get back to dry weather this weekend so we can finish up dad's roof.
Have a great day everyone.
Time to relax a bit and get yourself back together.. Enjoy some time off!

Back
Top Bottom