BYC Café

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is brewed. I did a jumbo pot. I'm taking half of it for a road trip.

Clinical trial visit then lots on my list to do today when we get back. I'll never get it done but will hit a few key things like hooking up the electric to the run today so I can use the flood lights this week and see how well that works to move the birds off the roost and out of my way for board cleaning during predawn light.
That lovely looking grey pullet of Captains that I was so excited to have is a horror show on the roost. She got me right in the head when I was reaching to get Wren off the board and put her on the roost. She doesn't just go after me. She spends a large portion of her day tormenting the bantams and Wren.

Good morning Cafe.
Thanks for coffee Tonya; hope the road trip goes well :thumbsup

That lovely looking grey pullet of Captains that I was so excited to have is a horror show on the roost. She got me right in the head when I was reaching to get Wren off the board and put her on the roost. She doesn't just go after me. She spends a large portion of her day tormenting the bantams and Wren.
Do you think it's teenage insecurity, or a character trait?

Mine always got mildewy, so I stopped to grow them.
They get mildewy leaves here too, not really an issue.
This year they did not, because most of summer was a drought.

I might like to stop growing them, but they are prolific,
especially the ones that are rooted under the apron around the run.
They do provide good shade, the only natural shade for the main run.

Good morning, Cafe', and thanks Tonya.

ouch! do they fit in those natty little twisters or do you need something else to remove them whole?

I just grab them with my finger nails and rip them out - mostly. Had one buried so deeply into my buttocks that the doctor had to cut it out.

Do you think it's teenage insecurity, or a character trait?
She's the lowest ranking so she's always trying to show how tough she is. I never put my face near any of them but especially her. I put my head down before reaching under the roost. She popped me good on the top of the head. I popped her even better and she jumped off the roost and went on a search for easier prey. I hope her attitude changes when she starts laying.

Editted to take away @aart 's fun!!

Last edited:
hello @Oolala - are you planning to move from Burgundy to Wales? The wine's not as good in Pembrokeshire! But it has other compensations :D

Yes lockdown for us ends today, and they fixed our main road sinkhole, so we don't have a 4 mile detour anymore :ya I'm off to buy a non-essential that cropped up during the fortnight restrictions and snookered my bonfire plans: firelighters!
Yes, I know the wine isn't t so good, or so cheap 🙀Did have a buyer for our house here but they pulled out just last weekend, we were due to move middle of January, I suppose it wasnt meant to be and certainly not the best of times to move, oh well, hopefully next spring or summer now, unfortunately will not be bringing my girls with me so will have to find them a new home :hitfortunately I have a few people lined up who will give them a new home. Beautiful sunny day here today, 20 degrees, but cold at night so looking forward to feet up in front of the log fire tonight with a nice glass of burgundy wine 😃🍷

Back
Top Bottom