BYC Café

I just got off the phone with my sister. My 18 yo nephew tested positive on Tuesday.
His father has a low grade fever, headache and sore throat, and, oh yeah, lives with his kid that tested positive. The health department asked that he text in daily with any symptoms. He stopped doing it when he got no replies about his symptoms. My sister and my 16 yo niece are also now in quarantine.
Scary part is, my sister (nurse) changes my mother's insulin pump every 3 days or so. My mom went to her house yesterday and stayed in the driveway. My sister washed up, donned a mask and did her pump outside. If my mother gets it, she'll never survive it. She has way too much wrong with her.
Oh dear, just as everything seemed to calm down a bit. Fingers crossed for their speedy recovery :fl.

Good evening Cafe.
I've made a pot of tea for tonight. However there is a rather nice home made crab paste and fresh soft white bread on the counter for those who are already sick of turkey.
A lot of rain here last night and today. More landslides here. Almost lost the duck pond with one slide.:eek:Much more rain and the whole place is going to be stting at the bottom of the track out of here. Thunder crashing away out there atm. Every now and then the rain comes down so hard it's painfull if it hits bare skin.
I'm on my thrid pair of trousers. I've just hung the wet muddy ones up outside. At this rate they'll get washed as well by the downpours.:lol:
I thought the rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain :D 🎶
Joking apart, sounds awful. Where do your birds hide in such weather? Do you let them in?

I just got off the phone with my sister. My 18 yo nephew tested positive on Tuesday.
His father has a low grade fever, headache and sore throat, and, oh yeah, lives with his kid that tested positive. The health department asked that he text in daily with any symptoms. He stopped doing it when he got no replies about his symptoms. My sister and my 16 yo niece are also now in quarantine.
Scary part is, my sister (nurse) changes my mother's insulin pump every 3 days or so. My mom went to her house yesterday and stayed in the driveway. My sister washed up, donned a mask and did her pump outside. If my mother gets it, she'll never survive it. She has way too much wrong with her.
so sorry to hear this. I do hope those infected get better soon, and those not manage to avoid catching it. Looking for the positives, you have a health professional in the family, so have expert help on hand, which can be very reassuring when someone's ill.

I've been shut down for 2 days not doing much at all. I've got to get to dad's house and work.
Everyone needs some 'downtime', even you, once in awhile.
<cracksthewhip> now get back at it!

Frosty here this morning...25° and 'fuzz' on everything.
It's clear tho, sun today!
..and high of damnnear 50, hope to get the garage apron edged to help with drainage and clearing ice.

Surveying her playground.
IMG_20201128_103747316.jpg

We keep getting light, brief showers.
We were graced with seeing a small flock of Eastern bluebirds still in brilliant blue plumage.

Back
Top Bottom