BYC Café

Wanted to let you all know. We lost our Sidney. Her CT scan showed that she had a deadly infection in her digestive tract called pythiosis. Dogs can get it from swimming or wading in water puddles. Both of which our dogs do. But she is the only one who showed symptoms of the disease. Treatment and prognosis isn't good and her infection was spread into her large and small intestines and mesentery. They knew they couldn't help her so we decided to let them take her outside, under a tree in the grass and let her go peacefully to sleep.

She was only in our lives for two years but she left paw prints on our hearts that will last for the rest of our lives.
I'm so sorry microchick ❤️:hugs

I ordered seeds from Burpee and Gurney this year. Next year Gurney is getting my business 100%
I'm glad someone is having a good experience with Gurney. I won't order from them again.

I ordered onion sets March 1. They were listed as "ready to ship" by April 1. I got them May 1. I specifically ordered Red Baron, as I had those last year and they were great. Gurney was the only one who had them. I received "red onions," and some of the sets are mush.

Add to that all the junk email I got from 5 different places after I ordered. Every day. Yes, I unsubscribed, but it took awhile for that message to get through.

Several people on the garden thread have said negative things about trees they've ordered from Gurney too. Sigh.

Good morning, Cafe. Thanks for the coffee, DL! I'll drool over the croissant because it sounds delish.

It's been madness around here, but the trees are finally getting leaves and it's supposed to be 80° today. Cold and rainy for the weekend, of course, but we can use the rain. Awful dry right now.

PXL_20210505_134346005.jpg

Got some tomato clippings sprouted and ready to go into dirt!
PXL_20210504_134154130.jpg

Found a kitty, named her Hannibal. She now has a buddy from the same litter that I found yesterday. Poor little things.
PXL_20210501_140202598.MP.jpg

Babies are getting big.

Hope to get the sprinklers turned on tonight and do some cleanup done around the yard this weekend. We cut some dangling branches off our golden willows and they are growing well in tubs of dirt. Now I need to find somewhere to plant them!

Back
Top Bottom