BYC Café

Seems everyone is excited about the coming hatch. That's Tonk behind Fabio. She and her sister and 2 LF hens all laid their eggs next to Astrid yesterday.

I'll be closing the sliding door tomorrow after Astrid returns from her morning
break. She needs a bit more privacy to get through the hatch. She's only been staying off the nest for about 10 minutes each break.
IMG_20210802_070330498.jpg

I spoke with my manager about working from home and he's fine with it. Yippee!!

Good morning Cafe. Nice hot pot of coffee is ready. It's 50F out.

I was in my glory last night with the windows open but I woke up to DH shivering. I jumped out of bed and got the extra fuzzy blanket and doubled it up and bundled him in it.

I got attacked by bees yesterday. I think they are carpenter bees and they are in my attic in an area I never got the fascia back on. I spent some quality time smacking them with the end of my level and squishing them on the rafter tail. I killed at least a dozen this way and I didn't get attacked until I started drilling a screw near them with the power driver.
I got stung in the finger again on the other hand. It hurt worse than the wasps. Went all the way down into my wrist. The arm wasp sting swelled up yesterday too. All seems good this morning.
I will be coming home with at least 3 cans of wasp and hornet killer to rid myself of these vermin so I can work in peace.

I think they are carpenter bees and they are in my attic in an area I never got the fascia back on.
YIKES!
I don't think carpenter bees sting or swarm like that?
Doesn't matter really, hope you can get them under control....
....and that you won't have to get into the attic to get at their nest.

Back
Top Bottom