BYC CafƩ

In spite of -- because of? -- a nap this morning, I got quite a bit done.

Tomorrow I'll start on the end wall of the extension to the run. I want to reuse some of the wood that makes up the end wall of the original part. But not sure how to take that down without the new wall built...? Guess I'll do what I can and see what great ideas I have along the way.

The littles have been in their half of the run for 2 1/2 weeks now. My bottom of the pecking order hen still wants to peck/bite whatever she can reach through the separating fence. I'd thought maybe she might be getting used to them by now...? Apparently not.

When the new part is done, everyone will have more room, including me. It's a little cramped in the chicks' area, as that part has about a 4' ceiling. The new part is about 6' at the walls.

I want to reuse some of the wood that makes up the end wall of the original part. But not sure how to take that down without the new wall built...?
Post pictures.
I'd thought maybe she might be getting used to them by now...?
That's not the way it works with the one at the bottom of the pecking order. They take full advantage of the littles being smaller so she can terrorize them. She is trying to make sure THEY aren't above her in the pecking order. The low ones on the totem pole are always the worst to the new comers.

Good morning Cafe. We've got a hot pot of coffee and PEEPERS to start the day!! :love

I heard them pepping in the eggs last night and could see one pip.
Astrid is very sweet and tolerant but I don't want to upset her. I lifted her left wing this morning but could only see the end of a shell. I'll wait until this afternoon when it's much warmer out to get a better peek at the new arrivals and get a head count.

True to form with every batch of chicks to hatch, Fabio was an extra large butthole to me this morning. :rolleyes: So protective of mom and the kids.

Back
Top Bottom