BYC Café

Being aware is the most important tool to fight it and keep it under control.
Absolutely.
Did they continue to test intermittently to 'prove' the meds were working?
Same meds you are still on?
No, never had another test after the one. I've been on several different antidepressants, and just had to go with what worked, ie, how I felt.

My life got a LOT better when I met my boyfriend-now-husband. A big part of my problem was loneliness, especially right after my mom died.

I've been on fluoxetine for probably 20 years. Maybe it works because I think it works. :idunno

I'm screwed.
I hope not! I think you are consciously on top of it so will have more control. An alcoholic is an alcoholic but that doesn't mean they HAVE to drink. My stepfather was a non-drinking alcoholic the entire time I knew him.

Being aware is the most important tool to fight it and keep it under control.
I think you are very correct!!

Maybe it works because I think it works. :idunno
Whatever works :D

Thanks. I'll have a cup. I was broccoli yesterday, useless all day. Once in a while, I have a day in which I barely get anything done, barring a couple essentials. Cat box, make a meal. That's it. Y'all were on the depression topic--I don't think my Mental Health Days are because of depression, but they may be a tool I use to combat it.

Last January, after a good deal of backward research through my journals (write in one almost daily) I discovered I suffer SAD every winter. It was worse this last winter because it was our first up here on the mountain, but I could see evidence of it in my writings--that useless, "what good am I" trend seemed to start end of December, especially during times I wasn't outside in the garden or something. Last year, almost suicidal.

Now I have a SAD lamp (that sucker is bright, holy cow) and just a very few minutes a day with it seems to be helping this year. And I know to go outside (for more than the dog's walk) in the mornings, whether I "feel" like it or not. Always helps.

Sorry for the novel. But in case anybody notices their depression is worse at certain times of year, it bears looking into Seasonal Affective Disorder.

Back
Top Bottom