BYC Café

I read online that the reason the time change happens at 2am is because back when they started doing it, the fewest number of trains were running at that hour.

Now that I'm retired, I'd vote to keep it the same, year round. I really, really like the late hours of daylight in the summer, though. If we stayed on standard time year round, I'm not sure if I'd get up at 4 am to take advantage of the light then.

I read online that the reason the time change happens at 2am is because back when they started doing it, the fewest number of trains were running at that hour.

Now that I'm retired, I'd vote to keep it the same, year round. I really, really like the late hours of daylight in the summer, though. If we stayed on standard time year round, I'm not sure if I'd get up at 4 am to take advantage of the light then.
Looked it up, yep, trains.

Easier to get up at 4 AM when the sun comes up than having to wake up in the dark. Get up with the chickens, go to bed when they do ;)

Without DST here June 20 sunrise would be 4:06, sunset at 7:37. The change on Nov 7 this year means sunrise changes from 7:35, sunset at 5:33 to sunrise at 6:34, sunset at 4:31.

:oops: I like DST... If I had to pick one, that would be my preference. But the "fall back" is depressing.
We have discussed this before, maybe here or the old folks home. One suggestion is to split the difference and "spring forward" 1/2 hour and leave it alone.

DD1's thought is that we should get rid if time zones all together and have everyone on UTC all the time, run on a 24 hour clock. 0800 in London is 0800 in New York and Honolulu and Beijing. Set your business hours based on your location in the world as it suits you with respect to local daylight times.

Back
Top Bottom