BYC Café

Good morning everyone!

The coffee is ready, have a wonderful Saturday!

iu

Honestly, Shad, I thought of their coop when I saw the pictures of what your chickens have. The difference is, you WILL make it better for them. I don't know that my neighbors think what they have is bad in any way.

I can't let them into their "extended" run, because it is only surrounded with 3 foot snow fence, and has no cover. They get out of it just about every day. I don't have 3 boys or the time to chase down the chickens.

I'm praying that the local predators don't come around while they are gone. Their dog does a good job of patrolling and marking the area, which helps, I think. Their run is nowhere near predator proof. Amazingly, they have not lost any birds. (Yet.)

I'm going to do what I can for them. I did put some cement blocks under their heated waterer that is inside the coop, so maybe it won't get so much poopy bedding scratched into it. I put one of my waterers out in the run; they have just about drunk it dry. It may freeze and split, but oh well. I can lose an $8 waterer. (I empty them at night; today has been below freezing all day.)

I gave DH a hug and kiss from my chickens, thanking him for building them such a nice, safe, secure coop and run.
I don't know that I will make much of a difference in the long term.
It's a bit like as you describe here. The person responsible for the allotment doesn't see anything wrong with the way the chickens are kept. It's all a bit, well, they are just chickens.:confused:

Good morning everyone!

The coffee is ready, have a wonderful Saturday!

iu
Thanks for the coffee La Fleche.
Bitter and windy here. Not going to get much above 3C according to the weather people today. Strong wind gusts have stuff flying around. It's even worse further North.

Why don't you just say if your won't take care of them give them to you
Oh, they want the chickens. I don't know where she is getting her info from; I'm pretty sure it's not BYC! And no, I don't have the room or desire to care for 35 more chickens.

It may take a disaster to change things. I'm going to mention some "improvements" they might want to make, but I don't know what to say past that.

I like my neighbors. (Her parents live on our road too; I have to tread lightly here.) We are each other's first line of defense if things go south out here, so I want to remain friends with everyone.
Then I woke up.
Aw dang! I was so happy to read your post, and then blammo! the last line... sigh.

Well, the high 40s was a big clue that it wasn't real... :lau

Back
Top Bottom