BYC Café

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for the coffee Sour.

I wasted valuable seconds this morning taking pictures.
IMG_20211204_081600099.jpg

One of Fabio's daughters, Mackenzie, is a royal pain in my backside. Every morning I scatter 3 handfuls of birds seed mixed with one handful of mealworms in front of the coop to try to keep the flock occupied while I scoop the boards.
I swear, Mackenzie races to eat her share of seed then makes a bee line to the poop boards. She walks up the ramp then parades down through the poop, squishing it all over her feet. I have to block her and turn her towards the sections I've finished.
This morning she flew over to the side I hadn't gotten to yet after having been directed to the finished section.
And then there's her little sister, Wren. THAT one likes to fly up on to the maternity ward lid to scour for the few seeds that fall and get caught along the framework. She's horribly persistent about doing this task. This morning she very handily slipped right around my leg and slid through the closing door. I just barely felt her or I would have locked her in there with no water. She would have gorged on seed and mealworms if I hadn't caught her.
I must again mention they are FABIO'S daughters...

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for the coffee Sour.

I wasted valuable seconds this morning taking pictures.
View attachment 2918038

One of Fabio's daughters, Mackenzie, is a royal pain in my backside. Every morning I scatter 3 handfuls of birds seed mixed with one handful of mealworms in front of the coop to try to keep the flock occupied while I scoop the boards.
I swear, Mackenzie races to eat her share of seed then makes a bee line to the poop boards. She walks up the ramp then parades down through the poop, squishing it all over her feet. I have to block her and turn her towards the sections I've finished.
This morning she flew over to the side I hadn't gotten to yet after having been directed to the finished section.
And then there's her little sister, Wren. THAT one likes to fly up on to the maternity ward lid to scour for the few seeds that fall and get caught along the framework. She's horribly persistent about doing this task. This morning she very handily slipped right around my leg and slid through the closing door. I just barely felt her or I would have locked her in there with no water. She would have gorged on seed and mealworms if I hadn't caught her.
I must again mention they are FABIO'S daughters...

That picture looks like well wasted seconds to me, lovely flock!

Good morning Cafe, I brought another pot of coffee for anyone that needs a refill.

Back
Top Bottom