BYC Café

The dead ash trees along my driveway are being removed today. We weren't scheduled until Jan., but they had a cancellation and I jumped at the opportunity. It pays to get multiple quotes. This group has done work for me at least 4 times. Their quote was one half that of the most expensive group.

Our winds max out at 137mph gusts - typically this strength occurs in the spring time. The houses are built for it here 😉

Definitely not the easiest of conditions to live in...
I live in an odd place. here in the Sacramento Valley, It is mild and zone 9. We have a day predicted with a low of 31F.

It is a different story just a couple of hours east of us!

The Tahoe Basin saw some of the highest wind speeds, and the National Weather Service confirmed an official 94 mph reading at a gauge on a peak in Alpine Meadows.

Speeds over 100 mph were recorded on exposed ridgetops at several ski resort anemometers that aren't monitored by the weather service for accuracy including a measurement of 102 at Mammath Mountain, 119 mph at a different Alpine Meadows location and 140 mph at the top of Chair 6 (elev. 9,186 feet) at Kirkwood Mountain Resort.

This happened in October of 2020.

Is it wrong that I laughed watching the dogs slip and slide around on their way out?
Well, No...and Yes.

Makes me think if the last winter Rascal was alive, he would sprawl all 4 legs out and not be able to move......then I damn near fell on my ass trying to get him back on his feet, we were both limping for a couple days after that fiasco.

Back
Top Bottom