BYC Café

I found the same when I got quotes to have trees removed at my dad's house. The guy I hired did a great job and even took two more out at the last minute.
:eek: They are even taking out a couple of trees that were not marked. I think that I am being rewarded for the way I have treated these folks.

The dead ash trees along my driveway are being removed today. We weren't scheduled until Jan., but they had a cancellation and I jumped at the opportunity. It pays to get multiple quotes. This group has done work for me at least 4 times. Their quote was one half that of the most expensive group.
Absolutely! I found that out when I had trees removed that were too close to the house.
Quote A: $4800. Oops, no, it's a $6000 job.
Quote B: Added in an extra tree, $4065. He told me if he misquotes a job, he'd eat the difference, not raise the quote.

Guess who I recommended to my neighbor?

Sour, you know ash makes really great fire wood, don't you...? Some of the best.

Wish you were close enough for us to come get it! Standing dead ash... :drool
I also have a pile of logs from a dead pin oak that are available. There are probably another 40 or so dead ash on my property (not near the house) and hundreds down at the beagle club. Not a live ash tree to be found anywhere around here.

Back
Top Bottom