BYC Café

Well... my nephew just called me to tell me Fabio flogged him. What a butthead.
It didn't hurt him anymore than it ever hurt me because he's been instructed to always wear jeans in the pen.
I think his feelings were hurt more than anything. He wanted to know why he suddenly did it.
I gave him a few pointers on how to deal with him. I suspect my nephew is getting complacent and is rushing and Fabio doesn't like that.

Good morning, Cafe'. Had a great trip. @DobieLover hope that yours is as good as ours was. I brewed some more coffee.
I'm glad you had a good time Sour! I am too. I just stopped off at a little diner on route 9 on my way to go trail riding this morning.
It's going to be hotter than all get out today though. And I have never encountered such aggressive flies as I did this morning at the house.

Beach flies are BAD! Kinda like deer fly season up here.
Thanks for the coffee and I hope you have a great ride!
Welcome back, Sour! You sound happier... LOL!
We have over a foot and still coming down. My horse was unamused this morning but he has lots of hay and shelter if he wants it. I have shoveled the path to the vehicles.

We have over a foot and still coming down.
This does not compute in my mind. So wrong. So very very wrong.

I was advised to get one of these products to deal with the flies. imagejpeg_0_01.jpg
I think I'll run to TSC this afternoon.
The trail ride was super fun! No flies!!
I visited their chickens and got a chicken fix, bought some homemade eucalyptus spearmint hand scrub from their little shop and picked up some local honey on the way home.
The puppers were happy to see me and didn't have any accidents which was a surprise considering how frantic they were to get back in the house this morning instead of taking care of business.

Welcome back, Sour! Glad you had a good trip.

We got over an inch of rain last night. At one point, the lightning was like a disco, it was almost constant flashing. We needed it, that's for sure.

I spent an hour and a half hoeing up weeds in the heavy soil garden. When it's dry, it's like pounding on cement, ie, impossible. When it's wet, it's like pounding on rubber. My arms feel like noodles, but at least I slowed the weeds down some. Next it putting all the thatch and leaves on there, but it's raining again, so I'll wait till tomorrow.

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.

I ended up buying this to deal with a flies.
16532228078274514281428975196656.jpg

It did a much better job at keeping the flies away. But I must not have sprayed Bella good enough because eventually she started getting attacked when we were about a mile from the house up the beach. So I'll have to hit her a little bit better the next time.

I saw another eagle perched on one of the old pilings left from a previous house. If you zoom in you can see him sitting on one.
IMG_20220522_072200471.jpg

When we got up there I wanted to see why he was sitting on that piling for so long. He was eating his breakfast.
IMG_20220522_072333121.jpg

This is an eagle footprint.
IMG_20220522_072255502.jpg

Further down the beach I saw some osprey. They are significantly larger than the eagles. This is an osprey footprint. That is Bella's paw print next to it.
IMG_20220522_073935959.jpg

Back
Top Bottom