BYC Café

I wonder what else you might find.

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.

Yesterday I think DH had a nice time. I did not. That was the last long road trip I will take with him. He is getting really bad. In just the month that he's been under the care of the Homesteads, he has declined noticeably. I really can't deal with it any longer. Not at the level of his decline. I'll be keeping all future adventures local and limited to 4 or 5 hours. It's really sad.
His kids want to get him from July 27 to Aug 1. That is sharing the time. They are limiting their time with him to 2.5 days each. I think they are in for quite a challenge. I think this will be his last trip.
I recall that he has early Alzheimer's disease? If so, I haver read that it goes fast.

The kids have been tested for the genes for it?

I recall that he has early Alzheimer's disease? If so, I haver read that it goes fast.

The kids have been tested for the genes for it?
Yes, he had early onset. He started showing symptoms at 59. He'll be 69 in September so it isn't too fast.
A friend of mine from work said he'd run into a friend of his that he hadn't seen for 4 months that had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and he was really bad. He was dead within the next 3 months. I think that's fast.
Alzheimer's comes down both sides of the kids family. They pretty much assume they're going to get it!

Last edited:
Good morning Cafe and thanks for the coffee Margie.

It's a nice cool bright sunny day this morning. It's just 52 out. I'm going to head out with the dogs in about a half an hour.
And then I'm going to try to actually do something today instead of just sit on the couch all day long falling asleep off and on, feeling miserable because my ear is still plugged.

Had a rough night last night so I've given myself a day off. Let's see if I can stick to that.
Did too much yesterday?
I'm in the opposite boat. I did absolutely nothing yesterday and I'm not wired that way. This being sick has really gotten me even more depressed. So today I have a very long list of things I intend to accomplish. Albeit slowly so I don't wear myself down any further.

Did too much yesterday?
Why, never. :lau Saturday was a different story.

For several days the Princess has said she thinks that I was running a fever. Last night I developed chills, shaking, hurting skin and sweats. Went to bed at 7:30 -soaked the bed and 2 Henleys with sweat. Today I feel okay. Just took a Covid test for whatever they are worth, and it was negative. All I can say is that for 2 + years when I was faithfully masking I had no illnesses. In the last 2 months a cold and now this. Elaine, where are the masks?

Back
Top Bottom