BYC Café

Ding ding ding ding ding.
It's all about the money.
Brilliant move on their part. They didn't make a sale and you are unlikely to go there to buy anything ever again. More lost sales. And you might speak less than glowingly to your friends, more lost sales. Yep, brilliant.

I've decided that if push comes to shove, I can fire the stove without the cat installed and just leave it in bypass mode.
Yep. After all, you run it in bypass until it gets up to temp anyway. I had a stove with a catalytic 35 years ago. No bypass then.

It's a girl.
And you know that because you saw which bathroom door it entered?

And you know that because you saw which bathroom door it entered?

I wondered too. I'm guessing it has something to do with color pattern? DL will let us know.
Wing pattern.

Girls have wider veins:
1664223142962.png

Boys have narrower veins and a dark spot on the wing:
1664223157544.png

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready and there's a cozy fire in the stove.

I'm working from home today. So I can release a butterfly when the weather warms up over 55F. I also read that their wing muscles do not work below 55F and that they are cold blooded. These girls really need to get moving. We're supposed to have slightly warmer, sunnier days after Thursday so hopefully the last two will emerge in better release conditions.
They are endangered.
1664279803769.png

Now that I have my seasonal room and will be able to finish it next spring, I intend to raise them all summer next year out in the room. I may even get markers and register some of the ones I release in early fall to see if any show up in Mexico on the registry.

I have a very weirdly shaped lot and about 1/4 acre of it normally gets swampy. It's killed most of the trees in there. I was originally thinking about having a small pond put on it but I think it would be more environmentally beneficial to turn it into a wild butterfly garden.
I will work to clear all the dead wood and burn it and have the neighbor just grade it relatively smooth for mowing then collect seeds from the copious amounts of wild monarda and milkweed that grow down at the fields and plant them all over in there along with butterfly bushes that go on clearance at the garden centers at the end of the season. I'll mow paths through it and have little benches for sitting in there.

Back
Top Bottom