BYC Café

The Dahlias will come back if the bulbs are still there.

Yes, but we are only about two weeks from our first frost. Plus, it's calling for soaking rain and cold temperatures for that period, so rot might be an issue. I dug the broken ones already and found rot on one I had left in the ground for a few extra days (just the stem portion, but I would have hated for that to travel down into the tuber crown). :)

Super fun start to the day.
My dashboard lit up with a general hazard light and low tire pressure light while I was on the highway going 75.
IMG_20220928_095605762.jpg

I got off the next exit and went to a gas station to fill up and add air to the tire. It had 3 pounds in it.
I limped it down to a tire shop and they couldn't (wouldn't) help so I filled it again and went up the street to the next one that could have the same brand tires on the front of my car by this afternoon.
The tires have about 28,000 miles on them so I just opted for a new pair on the front. And an oil change. I'm glad this didn't happen on the way to VT this Saturday.
I had to have my manager pick me up from the shop to get me to work and one of my co-workers will bring me back.

Super fun start to the day.
My dashboard lit up with a general hazard light and low tire pressure light while I was on the highway going 75.
View attachment 3274130

I got off the next exit and went to a gas station to fill up and add air to the tire. It had 3 pounds in it.
I limped it down to a tire shop and they couldn't (wouldn't) help so I filled it again and went up the street to the next one that could have the same brand tires on the front of my car by this afternoon.
The tires have about 28,000 miles on them so I just opted for a new pair on the front. And an oil change. I'm glad this didn't happen on the way to VT this Saturday.
I had to have my manager pick me up from the shop to get me to work and one of my co-workers will bring me back.
28,000 miles really isn't that many miles on a set of tires but it always seemed to me that once you start having flats at that many miles they just keep coming.

Back
Top Bottom