BYC Café

It's kinda scary and infuriating that I might not get the mail I need and there's likely nothing to be done about it.
If your PO gets mail presorted (AKA DPS) you can go to the USPS website and sign up for email notification of first class mail and packages. I get an email every day showing what I should see in the mailbox later in the day and if I should get any packages sent through USPS.

If your PO gets mail presorted (AKA DPS) you can go to the USPS website and sign up for email notification of first class mail and packages. I get an email every day showing what I should see in the mailbox later in the day and if I should get any packages sent through USPS.
That's interesting.
Where is it presorted?

Wow. That’s very cool. I wonder if I can do that here with such a small post office.

Where is it presorted?
At the distribution center of course ;) Vermont's mail all comes from the big center in Nashua NH. For this part of the state it goes to the distribution center in Essex Junction where it is all sorted into route order for each post office .... but not DW's PO, it is too small.

Try here you probably have to create an account unless you already created one for package tracking. I think you put in your address and it will tell you if the service is or is not available.

This has nothing to do with 'knowing the route', it's not paying attention to what's put in the box...the first time. But taking a clearly marked 'wrong address' note(on 2 items with different, but nearby, names/addresses) then putting in another wrong address is clearly either extreme stupidity or I suspect, more likely an intentional action.
I was having this happen quite regularly with one carrier in particular. It got so bad, I called the PO and reported it. Twice. I haven't seen that carrier since. I must not have been the only one calling about him.

I had to sign up for informed delivery years ago when DH was hiding mail that had his name on it. Like the county and school tax bills! They were getting paid late by the time I realized 'hey, why didn't we get a tax bill?'
I also found over 6 months of his uncashed pension checks. What tipped me off on that was a letter I finally DID get from the box stating that he hadn't cashed a laundry list of checks so I went on a seek and find mission and found everything.
His Alzheimer's made him obsess over the mail box. He'd go down 2 or 3 times a day, Sunday too, to get the mail.
I still have the informed delivery active because I like knowing if something important is supposed to be coming.

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.

I've been working on cleaning out the house (mostly basement, spare room and garage) and took a full car load to the Salvation Army yesterday. Every week, I stuff the garbage can to overflowing. It feels great to be clearing away all this clutter!

Back
Top Bottom