BYC Café

"Household Stuff" - when my in laws died within six months of one another, the Princess and I were tasked with clearing their house. (They rented from a sister of my FIL.) It took over a week to toss out/donate clothing and junk, and then we had an auctioneer come to get rid of the rest. When I went to tell the Princess's aunt that the house had been emptied, she said, "I don't know why you rushed to get it done." My reply, "Because you demanded that we do so." She had been very unpleasant, and we never had contact with her after that. We pledged to never burden our kids with such a mess.
I'm with you on not burdening our kids with our many "treasures", but oh my....so many to go through.

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.

I have been slowly whittling through 15 years worth of accumulated "we might need this perfectly good thing one day" from the house flipping. I have so many left overs from buying items in kits. I have decided to just make a bunch of boxes of stuff and post it as a curb alert. If it's of any significant value, I'll do a meet up at the gas station. I just want it gone, it's not something I could donate, we don't have a local Habitat for Humanity store I could bring it to and I can't bear to just toss it.
I was going to wait until the house was finished to get rid of it but it's clear that I'm never going to use the vast majority of it and at this point I just want it GONE. Looking out over the basement I'm really making quite a dent in it! One overflowing garbage can put out and one donation run to the Salvation Army every week has made a big impact. Baby steps...

So this morning, Skittles was shaking and quaking in the bed. I thought he was cold so I covered him up. He kept shaking. So I figured he needed to go potty and it was close enough to the time I need to get up so I put them out and went out to the kitchen to make their breakfast.
I let them in and they gobbled up their breakfast while I made my coffee. I was walking over to open the stove to shift around the coals while looking and smiling at Bella who was lounging in front of the stove illuminated by the Christmas tree. What a peaceful loving scene... until I stepped in a warm pile of Skittle doo that disgustingly squished up between 2 toes and remained stuck in there while I jumped to the bathroom to wash my foot.
He didn't take care of business when I put him out because he was so anxious to get in and eat and must have done it when I was making my coffee and my back was turned. I call him Shittles sometimes...

Good morning Cafe! Thanks for the coffee DL!

That's a crappy start to the morning - no pun intended. Glad you are getting work done clearing out your stuff!

It's frosty in Halifax this morning. I'm busy trying to arrange for the new pup to fly a direct route to us - there's a good weather window coming up before the Christmas season and flights are unbelievably ridiculous!

Good morning, Cafe', and thanks for the coffee. 4 AM this morning I heard strange sounds coming from the kitchen. I immediately thought that Rocky was having a seizure (yeah, I know mental conditioning). Went to check and found that the Princess had not closed Rocky into the kitchen/wash room and Jeter had decided to access the garbage can. How she opened it? I haven't a clue as it has a step on lever. Anyway there was garbage strewn throughout the entire kitchen. Not certain how much edible was in there but am expecting the dogs may have a bout of loose stools. :barnie

Good morning and thanks for the coffee! Twenties and breezy with fresh snow on the ground. Two official happenings in our neck of the woods! The adoption papers for our
GS were signed on the trip to AZ and now it is just a matter of wrapping up the loose ends before a judge makes things official.gov... DS$ is officially, "The Guy at 133" for his college team. Now we get to watch him on "TV" more and I don't have to pay his wrestling expenses! Maybe I should add a minus sign in his acronym?
I hope the dogs' messes get cleaned up without hassle! My dogs went home last night and the cats played with abandon. tearing through the house with joy, even though they were starting to get along just fine. The growl line was down to about 18 inches and that was only if the dogs did not move out of the way of where the cat wanted to go quickly enough.
Funny animals! Enjoy the day, Cafe.

I dislike having to mention this but I'm on coffee restrictions. I'm down to one a day now and what's even worse, I'm drinking water.:eek: I know there's no hope for me.:D The tea is on ration as well. That's also serious for an ex five cups a day person.
I have to day, now that the Keurig is gone and I'm using a French press, one cup is enough. I really try to drink more water. And a mug of herb tea in the evening.

Some stuff... s'posed to be good for ya.

Back
Top Bottom