BYC Café

Good morning Cafe! Thanks for the coffee DL!

Good to hear that Piper survived being home for the entire day while you were at work! It's sunny and above freezing here (barely) - a nice change from the gloomy cold days last week. I can't believe it's already Wednesday. Had such a full day yesterday that I fell asleep after supper for an hour and a half. Something that I never do!

Good morning, and thanks for the coffee.
Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.

Piper survived her first day with me working the entire day at the plant.
My niece came at 2 to give Skittles his heart meds, let everyone out to pee and change her potty pad. She texted (and I quote) "Piper was like a rocket ship taking off of earth" when she let her out of her puppy pen!! :lau
I visualized that rocket. :lau

Imagine my surprise when the cashier at the metal recycler told me I got $70 for it! Woo hoo!
While I was in the car getting ready to pull out she came running up to my car and frantically knocked on the window. I rolled it down and she yelled in "I checked out the wrong ticket! You're only getting $29!" Hmmph. So much for my party plans...
Given what you took in I was surprised as well, scrap metal isn't worth a whole lot. Sorry she got you excited then pulled the rug out though.

but we're a long way from the leaves on the trees yet! That usually happens the last week of May or first week of June.
Whoa, you are behind us! For the first 40ish years I lived here the leaves on hardwoods would reliably bud the 2nd week of May and leaf out the 3rd. The last couple of years that has moved 1 week sooner.

Snowed for a couple hours this morning, made everything white...
...now it's all melting.

Getting tired of having chickens.
Not the everyday stuff but the larger chores and tasks of dealing with beddings.
Had a good run with hatching and slaughtering every year.
But can't handle the physical work anymore.
Selling eggs is a PITA, feed is still sky high and having older birds makes the cost of each carton go up, not that I was ever in it to make a 'profit'.
Just getting tired in general.<whiiiiinnnnne>

Getting tired of having chickens.
Not the everyday stuff but the larger chores and tasks of dealing with beddings.
Had a good run with hatching and slaughtering every year.
But can't handle the physical work anymore.
Selling eggs is a PITA, feed is still sky high and having older birds makes the cost of each carton go up, not that I was ever in it to make a 'profit'.
Just getting tired in general.<whiiiiinnnnne>
Wish I lived close enough to come help!

Good morning Cafe. Bug put is coffee is ready.

I had DH over last night while I cooked. When it was time to go, I opened the front door and my jaw dropped.
The biggest, FATTEST snow flakes I'd ever seen were falling and it was basically a white out. This was happening to the deafening roar of spring peepers. I felt like I'd been teleported to the Twilight Zone.

Back
Top Bottom