BYC Café

Hope you can get all the right drugs stacked up so you can enjoy your vacation. :fl
It seems to be. It still hurts but I got everything up into the house and I'm sitting here having my linner. I guess that's what you call it between lunch and dinner
Enjoy your vacation, DL and pups!
Both of them love the beach. However Piper can fit through the rails on the deck. Which means she can get down to the beach whatever she wants if I'm not paying attention! Oh joy.
IMG_20240511_161924366.jpg

Travel safely, DL.
We had safe travels but ran into two pretty long traffic jams but that should be expected.

Rather chilly today. I got errands done, and made a loaf of gluten free bread. It's the best I've made so far.

It's WAAAAY better than I ever made in my bread machine. Getting a stand mixer (used, for $72) was a game changer. My poor bread machine may have to go live with someone else. Hubby says he doesn't want me to make his bread with the machine any more. Fine dear; I see you've fallen in love with the mixer too.

It's chilly here. I cooled the house down to 57 by leaving two windows open about 6". The wind did the rest.
57 isn't "chilly," it's darn cold! :lau
I assume you have a wood stove there to warm it back up?

We've had a fire in the wood stove the last 3 mornings. It's supposed to warm up again this coming week. We haven't used the furnace in a month or more.

Oh, the debacle with Ferrellgas (the local gas company we use; they seem pretty tame to me) is all straightened out as far as we're concerned.

The story: On Feb. 29th, they filled the neighbor's tank by mistake, and handed her a bill with our name on it. She called me, I called Ferrellgas, they came back out and filled our tank.

The neighbor had already switched to another gas company (they do this regularly to get "new customer" pricing), so their tank was nearly empty and disconnected. 411 gallons. My tank needed 165 gallons.

I thought everything was set, until I got the bill. About $1600. Uh, no. $1200 of that was for the neighbor's tank. I called Ferrellgas again, and the very nice woman I talked to said she would take care of it. And she did.

Meanwhile, there is a Ferrellgas tank sitting next to my neighbor's house, full of propane. The company can't get a truck up the very sandy slope in their yard to get it out of there. That thing has to weigh a ton and a half, at least.

How did they set it there in the first place? Well, the neighbor hadn't dug a trench through their front yard and turned it into a sandy mess back then, so that might have something to do with it. Their propane tank (of any company) has always been in that location. Now the new one from another company is on the other side of the house, MUCH more accessible.

The neighbor has told me she's smelled gas out there "sometimes." She called them about it. She told me Ferrellgas asked if they (the neighbor) could pull the tank down the hill "with a tractor or something." Uh, no. Hard no. If I were the neighbor, I'd be pitching a real fit about having 411 gallons of flammable liquid sitting next to my house, possibly leaking.

Maybe the plan is for it all to leak out, and then try to move an empty tank.

Back
Top Bottom