BYC Christmas Swap Gift Show! 1ST SET OF PICS ARE UP!

Quote:
I know, I know.....
wee.gif

Thank you JMajors....the potholder and towel are wonderful. the fudge...GONE! And the cute little candy wreath is hanging over the fireplace.
big_smile.png

LOVE IT!!!! Now I have roosters in the kitchen....yay! Will edit with pics later in the day!

Last edited:
YW Cetawin,

I got 3 scratch that 4 scratch that 5 presents today!
Thanks to JoeBryant for the DVD's of the Ballets and operas. My Mom and I will have so much fun watching these together. We used to go to the library and check out the free movies and make a movie day out of it. Our favorite of course is "Arsenic and old Lace!!!!"
15601_november_2008.jpg

From Arcadia FL- And to match the name Marsha aka magikchick !! Did I guess right! LOL These are perfect! I love tea and the rooster on the front of the cups and tea pot are perfect. (too bad Rooster-Red was not your swap partner, he would love these too! NA NA NA NA NA NAAAAA!)
15601_november_2008_161.jpg

And from Cetawin! That barett is HUGE! The pictures don't do it justice! How beautiful! I cannot wait to use it, and try to keep it away from DD's LOL. It is ok if they wear it too! I share!
15601_november_2008_160.jpg

NOPE 4 today another whopper...laid this morning from my goosey goose!
15601_november_2008_151.jpg

Soaps from Kelley aka UrbanMama! WOOT pictures to follow!
15601_november_2008_162.jpg

This has been the most fun! We got to do this again next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I actually got 2 packages...

the first came from JMajors...in exchange for a beaded barrette, I received the most wonderful fudge and a potholder/dishtowel set with a rooster theme. It was great. She is the Goddess of Fudge.

then yesterday I get a package from "wegotchickens". I received such wonderful items from her..

This is what was in the package:

The Christmas card was totally awesome. It has three of her feathered kids dressed in holiday garments on the front....I tried to get a pic of it...

card.jpg

Then there was a wonderful hand knitted scarf in one of my favorites colors...how she knew...I have no clue

scarf2.jpg

A wonderful fleece scarf in an adorable chicken print...(I was wearing both of them, at the same time, around showing them off today) hehehehe

scarf.jpg

Two handmade ornaments that I just love...they are beautiful...they did not even make it on the tree...I put them over the mantle

ornaments3.jpg

Candy goodness, girlie goodness (the lip balms are most appreciated) and flower seeds from some of her flowers...LOVE EM!

goodies.jpg

A bit of my childhood sent to Oregon...a wonderful bag of pecans from her mother's place in Ga. She did not know it but my father was born and raised in Cairo, GA and pecans are one of my favorites...they will be pies tomorrow my dear.

pecansJPG.jpg

the chicken guard dog supervised the opening of the packages wearing his festive bandana...

bluebandana.jpg

The chicken's human child slave was also festive in her antlers...which were for the guard dog but were too big for his head...

chyantlers.jpg

So thank you two wonderful ladies for a great BYC xmas.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
celebrate.gif
Hooray! It made it by Christmas!!!
celebrate.gif

Glad you liked the assortment, Cetawin. It's hard knowing what to get for someone you've never met, even after tracking down posts and web pages!

That's so cool that you know what to do with pecans. Many people don't, unless it comes out of the bag! (DH's family in Illinois, for example) We've been eating them for a while, and this year's crop is really tasty! How neat it is that your dad grew up in GA. Wow.

The crocheted scarf I made because I loved the colors and texture of the yarn. And I wanted to see what 2 totally different colors looked like in a combo. I was very pleased with how it came out, and I'm glad you like it, too. I don't do fringe on crocheted scarves, though, since I think it just wads up and looks funky.
The fleece was on the clearance rack at Wal-Mart, and I can't believe I never saw it there before! I happen to have a matching chicken scarf
wink.png

The ornaments are made of salt dough, and I tried to seal them so they couldn't absorb moisture. I made the dough, baked & painted them myself. DH sprayed the polyacrylic on them though. I think the hole for the hanger is the only weak spot that moisture could attack.

And the photo card, well, it confirmed to everyone that I'm a crazy chicken lady, but it sure has given me a lot of enjoyment!!!
Those feathered kids love posing for pictures & getting attention. They weren't too keen on the clothes. We'll practice being dressed more often, in time for Easter
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

BTW, your chicken guard dog & chicken slave are adorable!!!!!

Last edited:
OMG that is too funny....I would get pecked to death if I tried putting my girls in clothes! I have not tried it yet but I think I am going to have to break down and do it for an upcoming holiday. LOL

Thank you again for all the wonderful gifts.

I would love your salt dough recipe...Cheyenne would like to try to make some ornaments herself for christmas next year. What type of paint did you use and all that good info?

Last edited:
well, i am still wondering if my package ever got to my person! i sure hope so!
guess i'll just keep waiting.

i haven't received anything, but i figure the snow storms here have had the mail way behind.

I am still waiting too. However our weather has not been the best either! It is above 0 today and the sun is shining! I am hoping it warms up enough, and the wind stays down, so the "girls" can come out for a while. I shoveled 4 ft snow drifts out of the run yesterday. I dug up a little dirt for them too!

Back
Top Bottom