1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

BYC cookbook?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by kdcrws, Feb 9, 2009.

1. kdcrws

kdcrws Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    L.C. FL
    Had an idea for a new item for the BYC store.....A BYC cookbook. I spent two hours yesterday in the recipe section printing stuff off. I'd love to buy/have a BYC cookbook with the recipes from the resident chefs.

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    me also. there is a wealth of good recipes! it would be nice to have some in a handy format.

3. kdcrws

kdcrws Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    L.C. FL
    I don't think they are to expensive to have printed....All the schools and churches have them around her for fund raisers. [​IMG] to see a cookbook soon

4. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    What a fantastic idea! It could generate some funds for BYC, too! And - they'd make GREAT gifts!

5. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Many of those church or fundraiser cookbooks are printed at Morris Press in Kearney Nebraska. It's pretty cheap if you order a lot.

6. MicMoo

MicMoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    If done correctly, the book could be published at Lulu.com where it could be published as purchased at cost and downloaded for free.

7. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    That sounds like a great idea! I would buy one and could even include some of my favorite recipes I have shared here!

8. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    Oh, yes, I would love a BYC cookbook, especially a hard copy that I could add to my collection and buy for my best friend. I wouldn't want a "downloaded" version because of periodical computer crashes that lose files and because my friend doesn't hardly ever computer.

9. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I'll need at least 4, so I can share them- no wait, at least 5....

And I will contribute both recipes and funds to BYC! [​IMG]

10. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    I think its a great idea. There are so many wonderful cooks on this site. I would definitely buy a couple. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by