BYC Couples

I realized yesterday during 5th grade graduation that I have pronouncing this one girl's name wrong for four years! She never did correct me
There's a lady at our church that mispronounces my son's name. 😬
I have no idea how. Their names are in the church bulletin and I've sent them Christmas cards. At this point I feel like it would be embarrassing to correct her. 🤷‍♀️

I'm picky about names in general. I don't expect to like most pairings that people pick.
Oh, so I did good?
If you want unique, go for Gaelic or Welsh names. Teach your children to watch the horror on some adult's face as they try and properly pronounce "Sioban" "Maeve" "Eifion"

:)
OMG, I love watching people butcher them. There's a guy on TikTok that is Irish that regularly does videos of his favorite names and what they mean.
Super common last name actually.
Better than Jessica Faggot. No lie that was her name, pronounced exactly like it looks. All through public school, they came up with the most creative ways to not say her actual last name. And every time she'd be like, "It's FAGGOT!"

I have no idea how. Their names are in the church bulletin and I've sent them Christmas cards. At this point I feel like it would be embarrassing to correct her. 🤷‍♀️
My first pastor called me Cody until I was like 10? Brother Ken. My mom would correct him every Sunday. And next Sunday, it was still Cody.

I'd still correct her. In private
Oh, so I did good?

OMG, I love watching people butcher them. There's a guy on TikTok that is Irish that regularly does videos of his favorite names and what they mean.

Better than Jessica Faggot. No lie that was her name, pronounced exactly like it looks. All through public school, they came up with the most creative ways to not say her actual last name. And every time she'd be like, "It's FAGGOT!"
We have a girl who's last name is Virgin

I realized yesterday during 5th grade graduation that I have pronouncing this one girl's name wrong for four years! She never did correct me
I have a very unique name. Hardly anyone pronounces it right. I stopped correcting people yeeeears ago. I used to hate it, but it doesn't bother me anymore.

Back
Top Bottom